Quantcast
Help - I HATE my omelet pan- the steel pan thread - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Help - I HATE my omelet pan- the steel pan thread

I don't have a link, I picked one up in the local brick & mortar yesterday. Sign said the sale goes until 11/13.

James

Are the steel pans significantly different than cast iron in terms of cooking performance? I've got a #9 Griswold I use for eggs now, but kinda requires that a I do a 3-4 egg omelette to fold properly since the pan's so wide. I've been thinking about hunting a smaller Griswold, but if one of these cheaper steel pans'll fit the bill, I'd be inclined...

Mark, where is that store located? Maybe they'll ship.....

Quote Originally Posted by sashae View Post
    Are the steel pans significantly different than cast iron in terms of cooking performance? I've got a #9 Griswold I use for eggs now, but kinda requires that a I do a 3-4 egg omelette to fold properly since the pan's so wide. I've been thinking about hunting a smaller Griswold, but if one of these cheaper steel pans'll fit the bill, I'd be inclined...
    FWIW, I prefer both of my DeBuyer carbon pans to my Griswold and Lodge skillets. The carbon pans were very non-stick after only seasoning one time. I have both the 9.5" Force Blue version (the one that's on sale right now) and a 12" from their Mineral line that I got from Williams Sonoma. The 12" is very heavy, similar to the 12" Lodge skillet I have. The 9.5" is very light weight and is my go to pan most of the time. I'll probably pick another one up if my local store has any.

de buyer blue version is still on sale at world market when I checked yesterday. Sign says until the 28th but i'm sure it might last thru the holiday season.

I got a 10 1/4" Matfer Bourgeat for Christmas!!! I'm thrilled that it has no rivets. Quite heavy. Which makes sense to me as it seems to have similar thickness to cast iron but steel is of course denser. Can't wait to try it out!

-AJ