• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michael Rader 240mm Wa-Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a note: I offer lifetime FREE sharpening on all my knives regardless of whether you are the original buyer or not. Some of the guys who sell knives for me don't advertise that because they offer sharpening services themselves, but I just wanted you to know.

Let me know when you become the new owner and I'll let you know where to send it for a touch-up. Thanks.

-M

I must admit, I'm surprised to see this up.

Yeah, in all seriousness, I'd use baking soda on it if it bugged you. I was kidding about Co2....

if i hadn't just bought (and received) a kitaeji yoshikane v2, i'd be all over this. beautiful knife.

It really is a great looking knife, the handle is better in person. Fit and finish on this thing is literally flawless.

Mike

Yes Rader calls these "semi-customs". This one is part of the first batch of 5 so all the work was done in house on this knife.

Mike

Classic profile.

Man, that is really a nice looking piece.

That's correct. All the work was done in-shop on these first five. My plan is to eventually turn this line into a mid-tech by having the profiles water-jet cut and commercially heat-treated. And this handle design is only one of five, as I have changed it to an easier to make version. That angled groove was very difficult to get evenly centered in the handle, so for those reasons, this knife really underpriced as it is, so be sure to snatch it up.

-M

Thanks for clarifying Michael, I am shocked that it is still available considering how fast they sold out.

Mike

Perhaps the problem is that everyone that is thinking about buying is already on Michael's list for a custom.

This is one that I would definately snag save for the above mentioned.:D

I think someone should buy it to use while they wait for their custom! haha

Knife arrived safe and sound and it is absolutely stunning with great shape and geometry. This guy is going to hang around for a while!

Hey Ben! Glad you got it and am glad you like it. It really feels great in your hand, great balance.

Mike

Back