Israel Meet-Up?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManofTaste

Reaction score
We have discovered a couple of us knife nuts in Israel, and I wondered if there might be enough to get together for a late summer cook-out. Who's interested?

:thebbq:

Jonathan
Herzliya Pituach (and Tel Aviv)

I'm interested
Nimrod Lavi
From ramat ha sharon

Is this it? all of 3 people? or are there more Israeli members who are interested?

I was wondering the same thing. There have been 180 views of this thread. Surely more than 3 of the viewers are based in Israel, no? :scratchhead:

I was wondering the same thing. There have been 180 views of this thread. Surely more than 3 of the viewers are based in Israel, no? :scratchhead:

Damn, there are Israeli's here...

Hopefully will be able to join...

Erez from Kfar Maas (next to Petach Tikva)

OK, folks, tsuriru has a terrific offer -- that he will host the meetup at his home in Beersheba, which means we get to see his knife-making workshop. Would September 3 work well for most people, or should we delay until October?

If it'll be in the evening it will be amazing. Just say the date and I'm there.

Can we move it too some day not in the weekend? Even the 4th of September will be great?

I am much more comfortable doing this on the week end. For the sake of those of you that keep shabat - we suggested to do it after shabat is out - on Saturday evening. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone, but we are too busy during the week.

At this time, the meet is set for Sat. Oct 15th about 20:00 PM. Jonathan suggested a potluck, or everyone can chip in and I'll take care of the logistics and we can do a BBQ. Thoughts? :)

Sounds great, I hope I will be able to join

If it's this much in advance I'll a range it so I will be there😀 if you guys need any help with anything just pm me.

So that's four of us. Anyone else among the many viewers of this thread???

So that's four of us. Anyone else among the many viewers of this thread???

Not me, sadly, though I lived in Herzlia Pituach when I was a little kid (early 80s). If there had been such get togethers then, and if I would have been allowed to go, I would have been there with you guys, in a time/space bending way, for sure!

I haven't been back since I left in 85 or 86. :(

It's changed a bit since the 80's. Thats for sure....;-)

Just a reminder: We are meeting in my place in Beer Sheva on the 15th of october (saturday evening) at 20:00. If you intend on coming, please contact me via PM and leave your name and cell number so I can contact you with specific information on how to get here.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone a week from tomorrow!

I want to thank everyone for coming yesterday. It was a real pleasure having you. Some really amazing knives, stones, knife talk, and last - but certainly not least - amazing people. Hoping to have another get together like this in the future. Wishing everyone happy Sukkot :)

Tsil, it was all our pleasure, the hospitality, the knowledge, the amazing crowd, the food but mostly the overall enthusiasm was such a pleasure.

Unfortunately, the older I get, the less people around me are able to get excited...every one is becoming so serious and busy...but at your place, you were able to gather a bunch of open minded and passionate people to share their enthusiasm.

Dont let me forget to talk about knives, man, loved your work! especially that knife with the k-tip you regularly use, what a tool!

looking forward to see you all again

Erez

The only photos I have where sent to me privately by other members so I cant take credit for them (I was just too busy to snap any shots at all.....) - and for some reason I am unable at this time to upload any photos to this forum at all. Perhaps others will load some photos?

Tsuriru: You and Inesse were wonderful hosts. What an amazing evening! It was great to see where you forge blades and to try out such a wide variety of knives. And what an incredible collection of stones! The crowd was a lot of fun, and the food (not to mention the drink) was delicious.

Daiyenu ... who could ask for anything more?

Except, maybe, when can we do it again? :woot:

Except, maybe, when can we do it again? :woot:

As soon as possible would be the first thought that comes to mind... We had so much fun we are thinking of turning this into an annual tradition. But certainly I hope we can get together way before next year. :)

Back