simple truffle receipes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ynot1985

Reaction score
I want to order some winter truffles since they are in season here in Oz.

does any one have any simple recipes to use it with?

I'm not a chef so the ones I always see are pasta/risotto, etc

Thanks

I want to order some winter truffles since they are in season here in Oz.

does any one have any simple recipes to use it with?

I'm not a chef so the ones I always see are pasta/risotto, etc

Thanks

Is that an invite for lunch

Which knife are you going to use for truffle shaving?

Do not making truffle oil! That's my recipe for you

I make truffle oil, 1 truffle will make 2ish liters and than I finish pizza with truffles shavings. I like a nakiri for truffle breakdown or a laser gyuto. Side dishes are a great choice or a truffle sauce on chateau briand.

Which knife are you going to use for truffle shaving?

I actually have a truffle slicer.. but I suck at using it... It's more effective at slicing my skin/finger than it is at the truffle.

what kind of knife is best or should I just use a grater?

I actually have a truffle slicer.. but I suck at using it... It's more effective at slicing my skin/finger than it is at the truffle.

what kind of knife is best or should I just use a grater?

Legend back the day of foodie forum and old knife forum would say an uber sharp gyuto. May be it is time to break out Shig Chuka ^_^

I make truffle oil, 1 truffle will make 2ish liters and than I finish pizza with truffles shavings. I like a nakiri for truffle breakdown or a laser gyuto. Side dishes are a great choice or a truffle sauce on chateau briand.

that is a tremendous waste of truffles... It's also quite dangerous.

truffle slicer similar to intelligent mandoline technique, move the item across the cutting plane with as little downward force as possible- as soon as you're pushing down you open yourself up to the risk of whatever you're cutting getting caught (on the blade, or whatever), flying from your hand and your hand continuing downward into the cutting plane. I've never seen anyone slice a truffle by hand (that is to say, with a knife), sounds like wiping your arse with dollar bills. :wink:

Back