• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa wa-Gyuto, Toyama Mukimono

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Shigefusa Kasumi wa-Gyuto 210mm

Brand new never used, got from JNS last week. I've been bitten by the jnat bug and need to make some room… I mostly bought this for the sake of having yet another Shigefusa as a collection piece given the current markets, and to see how fast I can make it thru checkout when I get Maksim's emails lol.

E39294C6-D855-45F5-8154-CB22CA4DCD60_zpstnmmhcuu.jpg

0CA34824-912E-46DF-9F6A-048146FFFD57_zpsnpvclmhz.jpg

3B215B59-EBED-4E97-BF51-EEAE6836605B_zpsuqh0b930.jpg

Toyama Noboroki 昇鯉 Kasumi Mukimono 135mm

Got this around Xmas and liked using it like a Parer to peel things, problem is I have a lot of parers/pettys already so am letting this one go with the shig. I'm a lefty but was able to use no problem off the board if I cut with the blade up and towards me, as i often do anyways with parers/pettys.

Hasn't been used much as I took off the handle shortly after getting to polish the choil, plus the original handle has a mothball like smell when wet (also noted by some others with Toyama knives). I've tried all sorts of things to get rid of the smell such as sealing with board butter, which may have helped, but also turned it darker. Currently the handle isn't attached, as I was going to get a custom, but then decided why not just epoxy on the octagonal handle from my Tsukasa Hinoura petty and eliminate the machi gap (tang slot on the Hinoura handle is larger, so burn in isn't an option), but could also include the original handle if you prefer to burn it in. I haven't put the octagonal handle on yet (too many projects going on at the same time), but could do that if requested.

I'll have to upload pics of this one sometime as I don't have any current ones, it still has the blue painters tape on it and is sitting on my bench. Hopefully I can do this early in the week at the latest.

Price
The shig sold for about $525USD and came up as ~$540 with the DKK currency conversion fees, and the Toyama is listed as a tad over $190.

I'd prefer to sell these together to save on shipping, but if you have something else in mind I suppose we could discuss; could sell for $670.00USD (or equivalent in CAD) with shipping, insurance, PayPal fees, etc. to Canada/conus, and many other places depending on the shipping method used, although we'd have to ensure the shipping and insurance are acceptable.

If interested please send me a PM, and then we'll take it from there.

Thanks for looking

TJ

Where were you 3 weeks ago before i sunk $600 into a honyaki mukimono lol. Good luck with the sales.

Nice pair.

T, just curious and before the Shig flies as it certainly will, wondering how much this one weighs. Do you have home scale?

Where were you 3 weeks ago before i sunk $600 into a honyaki mukimono lol. Good luck with the sales.

In case you want a second more inexpensive one to leave around at work you know where to find me lol

Nice pair.

T, just curious and before the Shig flies as it certainly will, wondering how much this one weighs. Do you have home scale?

Hey ger, yes, i do have a scale. I'll have to check tomorrow as I'm out and about on mobile right now, should also get the specs for it too.

Still available. Here are some specs for the shig which were asked for in the thread and by PM

46mm high at heel
214mm long heel to tip
178g

I'll get the Toyama later as it still has the tape on it which would throw off the measurements.

The shig is sold. To answer a natural followup question… no, it is not going to Australia lol.

I'll work on figuring out what to do with the Toyama in due course.

Its actually going to Israel, I wonder if there are any additional Shigs here....

Me thinks you change the prefix. I'll leave it open for a little while to give you a whack at it.

Hmm, I don't see the option under thread tools or administrative tabs; only close thread under the latter, also in checkbox below in moderation tools (also check box available when doing quick reply).

EDIT
Lock doesn't work in the app either… am I missing something?

Some pics of what I see… I imagine mods have additional options

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048730.804891.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048756.769872.jpg
Administrative

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048776.324176.jpg
Quick reply checkbox

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048817.858718.jpg
Moderation tools checkbox

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048849.345563.jpg
Moderate in app

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048873.216985.jpg
Lock in app

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1471048891.199867.jpg
Lock error in app

The Australians can do it.....

Edit: I know the users can change prefix, close thread. I don't do it often enough to remember how. I used a magic button this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back