• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sakai Takayuki Syousin Sakura 240 Gyuto; Syousin Chiku AS 240 Gyuto (Kurosaki)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucabrasi

Reaction score
Hello all. Selling two 240 gyutos: Sakai Takayuki Syousin Sakura and Syousin Chiku AS.

The Sakura I bought here on the forum several months back. It is an excellent knife. Prior owner sanded down the right side of the octagonal handle, and did a very good job of doing so. It is comfortable in hand. Unfortunately there is some very minor tip damage as you can see in the picture, maybe a milometer or so of the tip bent, I bent it back straight but you can see it as in the picture. Would be easy to grind off, I would and did just leave it. Fairly reactive blade. Comes with the Kiri wood box and velvet pouch, as well as a saya from James that I believe is maple and fits perfectly.

I am asking $335 shipped in the U.S. and prefer Paypal.

UqfEFr

wb2ctp

P6mbMD

7g27ev

Xsqhg8

7FP7hY

Uv-jUZ

The Chiku I bought new. I am not the biggest fan of kurouchi so I sanded off the finish. Ive never understood kurouchi over stainless cladding. But anyway, I did not get too far into the hammering, so some of the kurouchi finish remains there. The result is a dark grey steel finish over specks of black from the hammering. I honestly think it looks pretty cool but you may not. Other than that, sharpened once, well cared for. Used under ten times in a home kitchen.

I am asking $185 shipped in the U.S., again prefer Paypal.

aN_5gy

9zWQUP

xCyqm_

7HfHaf

HR-8ah

and in case that didnt work. https://pix.sfly.com/HR-8ah

Not going lower by the way. If it doesn't sell at this price in a few days I'll keep it.

Honestly don't know how, I tried the moderator tool and it told me I don't have permission. I do apologize for being so incompetent with the functionality of this site.

The OP in a bst thread can close the thread. I think it's explained in the BST guidelines but would not bet the house on it. Next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back