Immersion Blender Question

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhlee

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase an immersion blender so I'm looking for recommendations. I would like to buy one that will last a long time, has sufficient power for thick soups, mayonnaise, etc., but also does the basic things well, such as whipping cream, pureeing sauce, etc.

Kitchenaid makes one that's generally well regarded. However, I'm open to purchasing a commercial immersion blender. I would really like to hear from the chefs out there.

Thanks.

P.S. - If you could also tell me what you make with your immersion blender, I'd greatly appreciate it. :thanx:

I just used mine to mutilate some tomatillos for chili verde. Very handy, the food processor is blocked in the cabinet by the puppy pen!

I have a couple dynamics at work, the large and small ones. The small one I have has a variable speed dial. The mini pro I believe. Can be had for under $200 easy. There are others with detachable blades as well I believe.

Guys:

Thanks for recommending the Dynamic mixer. I had never heard of it, but I think it's what I've been looking for.

Let me know what you think of it, once you've tried it a few times. :)

They are also relatively easy to maintain and fix if something goes wrong. There's really only a couple of main culprits when things go awry. Motor bushings and bearings mainly.

I have a couple dynamics at work, the large and small ones. The small one I have has a variable speed dial. The mini pro I believe. Can be had for under $200 easy. There are others with detachable blades as well I believe.

That MiniPro looks sweet! Mine is an MD 95; single speed. Maybe time to upgrade.

Have any of you guys purchased from KaTom Restaurant Supply? They have the lowest price on the Dynamic Mini Pro by far but I've never bought anything from them and they have some mixed reviews.

That MiniPro looks sweet! Mine is an MD 95; single speed. Maybe time to upgrade.

What's funny about the mini pro is that I picked it up this year at the nyc food show at the Javits center from the dynamic rep for like only $80 as it was the floor model. He only had it out for like 4 hours and was only using it to mix water for demonstration. Win!

That is awesome. How do you like it? Do you feel that the four blades that it came with are appropriate for their associated tasks? Or do you just keep one blade in it at all times?

I just have the one standard blade in all the time. Never really tried the others. Though maybe I could whip up hollandaise without killing my shoulder???? Anyone try this?

I just have the one standard blade in all the time. Never really tried the others. Though maybe I could whip up hollandaise without killing my shoulder???? Anyone try this?
i make my hollandaise in the food processor these days, never breaks and my shoulder doesn't scream at me during brunch.

Back