Knives & Stones Syousin Knife Blocks on Amazon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have lowered the Amazon price of my Syousin blocks ($79 now). I want to clear them as I will no longer stock them anymore. I have moved all my AU stock and once the Amazon stock is gone, they will be gone forever.
These are seriously cool blocks that are designed for tall gyutos and chukas. Please grab them while you still can.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010VN2L0M/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

These are FBA stock, and it is such a hassle for me in AU to organize this type of stock so I may just stop for good.

Full item description here:
http://www.knivesandstones.com/syousin-professional-knife-block/
_1780256__70946.1437635384.1280.1280.jpg

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked one up! Have always wanted to get one of these but never got around to it. Couldn't pass it up at this price! Thanks again James.

Description says slots are 5mm. I don't have a deba but I imagine it is wider than that at the widest point? (probably also depends)

Would these hold a thick knife like a kato?

5mm won't handle a deba. Handle most workhorse gyutos no issues. They wont ship to canada :( time to do a special ringed gingee variant

Block is made of wood. I have lengthened and widened slots on my old one to fit any knife. Get some files and sand away! Easy peasy japanesey!

Nice tip Chicago! Just pulled the trigger myself.

One year later and still love mine! Grab em while you can!

Down to 1! Thanks for the support guys!

it has no problem holding a kato, and with a little filing, it can hold super thick necks like shigs.

Mine was delivered today on Sunday! Big surprise! As before, the katos and Shigs need a little a little sanding of their respective knive slots - only slightly though. Took only a few minutes to mark and file the slots for the thicker spines on these knives. Very happy with one.

These need to come back around again. I'm spending hundreds of dollars for sayas when what I really want is this knife block.

These need to come back around again. I'm spending hundreds of dollars for sayas when what I really want is this knife block.

Well, just like your post, maybe one in a year someone will buy one, but Amazon is not willing to hold it for this long.

That's a bummer. I'd love at least one. I'm surprised they don't move faster.

That's a bummer. I'd love at least one. I'm surprised they don't move faster.

These are all long gone. Keep your eyes peeled for new ideas, they’re not difficult to make..... just have to find someone willing to make to right piece. It happens every now and then.

Back