• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kagekiyo Gyuto 240mm, Ikazuchi Gyuto 210mm, Ichimongi Yanagiba 230mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kagekiyo 240mm gyuto stainless, asymetrical grind, lacquered handle, like new. I picked this up to try out a 240. Its been touched up once by its previous owner. $360 w/shipping

Ikazuchi 210mm gyuto satinless clad blue core. Touched up a few times. Very thin, very sharp with an interesting geometry and great edge retention! It has a few scuff marks $150 w/shipping

Lastly, Ichimonji 230mm Yanagiba lefty from Chuki store in Osaka. Lacquered ray skin ferrule, rounded choil, blade in full polish including the spine. I may sit on this one for a while, but I know theres some leftys out there who need a slicer =). $300 w/shipping

group
group_knives_2.jpg

Kagekiyo
kagekiyo_4.jpg

kagekiyo_1.jpg

kagekiyo_5.jpg

kagekiyo_3.jpg

Ikazuchi
ikazuchi_4.jpg

ikazuchi_2.jpg

ikazuchi_5.jpg

ikazuchi_1.jpg

Ichimongi
yanagi_8.jpg

ichimonji_9.jpg

ichimonji_kaji.jpg

ichimonji_10.jpg

ichimonji_11.jpg

ichimonji_7.jpg

ichimonji_6.jpg

PM me with any questions, thanks!

Yanagi looks really nice. As a lefty, I'm certainly tempted but I don't think I would want any less than 270mm for sushi bar.
pm sent for the Izakuchi though.

If I might ask, what do you mean by "interesting" geometry on the Ikazuchi?

- Yanagiba looks nice but it is short. In which steel is it made off?
- Kagekiyo the asymmetry is also left-handed biased?!

Tough question, but I believe it is white #2. I have the original documentation and contact information of the Ichimonji chuki store in Osaka, and I'm pretty sure they can tell you which steel it uses.

The Kagekiyo is ambidextrous, I believe you have to special order leftys from Jon at JKI.

- Yanagiba looks nice but it is short. In which steel is it made off?
- Kagekiyo the asymmetry is also left-handed biased?!

They don't make lefty ones because they designed the knife for both right and left hand users

Back