Media Have you seen this type of filleting knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Now when my girlfriend makes me take a bath with her, I won't get bored!

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

Btw, did you see in this video of his those floaty white knife sharpening things? I wonder if that blade shape is just the result of using that gadget for a long time?

Master Filleter

k.

Hi.. I doubt it. It is a V shaped honing device; unless it is a tungsten carbide version, then it would really remove steel ( sharpening). Looks like a F Dick version??

I've never seen a floating one before but that probably makes sense in a commercial fish cleaning operation. It looks like the double hardened steel rods set an angle with springs to give them tension type "butcher's steel" several companies sell to meat packing companies. As such, it wouldn't take any more metal off than a standard polished steel. I have a couple around here I've tried in the past. They work about as well as any polished steel for quick touch-ups.

I've never seen a floating one before but that probably makes sense in a commercial fish cleaning operation. It looks like the double hardened steel rods set an angle with springs to give them tension type "butcher's steel" several companies sell to meat packing companies. As such, it wouldn't take any more metal off than a standard polished steel. I have a couple around here I've tried in the past. They work about as well as any polished steel for quick touch-ups.

Yeah, I believe it is the standard "wall mount" model, it just happens to have a plastic base that kinda floats in his shallow tub. More convenient for him to fish it out of the bath than to have it mounted behind him, plus it probably stays cleaner this way.

Back