Xiao Long Bao (soup dumplings) recipe request

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made it once and it was good. Never doing it again though.

[video=youtube;bAaAf_T-ygY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAaAf_T-ygY[/video]

I don't know how I missed that. I've done this gelatin technique with meatballs once. I've got to get a gluten free dough recipe though. My girl is GF. This recipe looks strait forward, fun and pretty easy if done in stages. I'm still going to add some raw chopped shrimp to mine. I'll post pics, cause it seems like the only person on the forum that likes food is Damage and Chincats. Exception being JBrodia. If you see his Instagram, you'll think all he does is eat and play with knives all day. He always looks happy though.

What knife were they using? Hirimoto?

pro tip, ginger in the dipping sauce. It's important.

Iirc, the Ideas in Food people have recipes for gluten free flours that they claim work in a variety of applications. Not near my books, otherwise I'd root around and see if they recommend something for dumpling dough, but, if you don't know them, they're @ideasinfood on the Twits and their books are Ideas in Food and Maximum Flavor.

Iirc, the Ideas in Food people have recipes for gluten free flours that they claim work in a variety of applications. Not near my books, otherwise I'd root around and see if they recommend something for dumpling dough, but, if you don't know them, they're @ideasinfood on the Twits and their books are Ideas in Food and Maximum Flavor.

Aki & Alex. Nice people.

Back