Quantcast
Horror Show
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror Show

Horror Show

Inspired in part by our wonderful ugliest. knife. ever. thread and as a big fan of horror stories, movies etc., I thought it might be fun/awful to have a thread dedicated to some of the worst things we encounter out there.

First up, a pair of pictures of one of my fiancee's former roommate's knives. Not too horrifying at first, but then again, this was after just a few weeks of use....

Last weekend I did some dog-sitting for a friend of a colleague. My first thought on entering the kitchen at this person's house was "Cool--look at all that cast iron! And is that a chinese cleaver? Awesome!" Then I got closer to it and saw things for what they really were. The cast iron cookware (sorry, no pics, but if I'm ever over there again, I'll try and sneak some) had not been used in so long (ever?) that the dust was caked on to the point where I couldn't wipe it off with my finger. As for the knives...

Not sure what this person typically cuts, but apparently it breaks the tips off of any knife it comes in contact with.

And then there was the cleaver, errr... saw?
    - Erik

That's horrible. Must have been a great choice of cutting surface.

I was looking at my brother's JAH's over the weekend and they are in about as bad a shape as the top one - but he has been using them with only a steel for about 15 years. His had no bevel left whatsoever. I may be sucking him into my addiction now. heehehee.

I posted this one about 4 months back. It was at a vacation rental I stayed at.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0923.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	5002  
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65555800@N08/6696572025/

My buddy had this knife for two weeks, left his knife roll at work, came back two days later and it had that huge chip in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post

My buddy had this knife for two weeks, left his knife roll at work, came back two days later and it had that huge chip in it.
    I would KILL someone. That is insane.

Ouch, did he ever find out who'd used his knives?

That is BS. What makes someone think they can use someone else's knives? Honestly, I've never worked in a pro kitchen so I'm not sure what the work environment is like. Does the average cook think a knife is a knife and he just grabbed it because he needed a knife not thinking it was a big deal, or did he think it was a super fancy knife and wanted to try it out?

I run a mechanic shop and all the guys own their own tools, NOBODY just walks over to someone else's tool box and uses a wrench or impact gun without asking first.

You should put a warning about graphic images on that one. That's insane.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson