Rare German double head Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew44

Reaction score
It's a very rare heavy beast at 4 pounds 1.85kg marked on the blade
marked Columbus Frankfurt Germany

enlisted the services of Bernard Levine to help and he's still working on it 2 weeks later. I'm sure he will figure it out, but if you can be my guest.
Kq4DTL

LcGZtG

Last edited:
Bernie may tell you more but there was a Columbus that imported and rebranded food service industry cutlery in I think the New York area. They had the Fosters brand at the end. I have their catalog around here some place from when I was selling that type of thing door to door at butcher shops in the early 80's.

Bernie may tell you more but there was a Columbus that imported and rebranded food service industry cutlery in I think the New York area. They had the Fosters brand at the end. I have their catalog around here some place from when I was selling that type of thing door to door at butcher shops in the early 80's.

correct Yes another trademark was Columbus (GRAEF & SCHMIDT) 1891-1928 used by Henckels
but He does NOT think it is the same Columbus as the early 1900's importer

to open the image I have to right click, open in new tab?

Foster bros in the 1980's?! wow that was some NEW OLD STOCK for sure!

Rare or weird and dangerous lol. Looks more like an axe head

Back