Heading to Charleston

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheflarge

Reaction score
Looking for some quality food stops while in Charleston, SC this coming week. Replies are appreciated!!! :cool2: Thank you in advance.

Cheflarge
I was in Charleston over the spring. I found these places excellent. Charleston is a Foodie Town!

167 Raw- Great seafood very fresh..Great Oysters & Clams
FIG-Put in Res NOW…Awesome Food (I’d go back in a minute)
Poogan’s Porch…Great Biscuits..Good Brunch
The Bar at the Husk…Great Bar…Lots of Different Bourbons
Minero’s …Incredible Margarita’s…They’re Dangerously good! SOO good you could be speaking Vietnamese!
SNOB- Slightly North of Broad…Did Not disappoint!
The Gin Joint……..Great mixed drinks just 3-4 stores away from SNOB if you have to wait.

Good Luck..Have Fun!

I also like The Grocery or The Ordinary for dinner, Proof for a cool bar with a great stock of whiskeys and less to prove than The Gin Joint or Husk, The Hominy Grill for shrimp and grits and anything vegetable-heavy, and I've been dying to try the Short Grain food truck or the 2 Nixons pop-up for Lowcountry food inspired by Japan and sometimes the other-way-round.

For casual cafe fare, I enjoy Rue de John...agree about trying to get up with Knyfeknerd as he's been there long enough now to know the ropes:)

Cheflarge
I was in Charleston over the spring. I found these places excellent. Charleston is a Foodie Town!

167 Raw- Great seafood very fresh..Great Oysters & Clams
FIG-Put in Res NOW…Awesome Food (I’d go back in a minute)
Poogan’s Porch…Great Biscuits..Good Brunch
The Bar at the Husk…Great Bar…Lots of Different Bourbons
Minero’s …Incredible Margarita’s…They’re Dangerously good! SOO good you could be speaking Vietnamese!
SNOB- Slightly North of Broad…Did Not disappoint!
The Gin Joint……..Great mixed drinks just 3-4 stores away from SNOB if you have to wait.

Good Luck..Have Fun!

Plus one to all these.
Fast & French is a good funky spot for lunch and Brown Dog Deli too......
Rooftop at Grand Bohemian for drinks, but definitely Gin Joint is tops......
Leon's Oyster Shop
Mercantile and Mash
Circa 1886
Fat Hen-not in Charleston proper, but worth it.
Cypress
The Macintosh
Plenty of others if you venture over one of our many bridges. It's just starting to slow down a little as far as tourism goes (thank God)......which makes the city a lot more enjoyable.

Gin Joint for cocktails, Craftsmen for beer. My previous chef just opened a restaurant in a hotel called Henrietta's at the Dewberry. I know his food and I can promise that it will be delicious.

If you have a car, and will be there during the weekend, I recommend going to Scott's barbecue just outside of Charleston in Hemingway.

I ate at a few of these when I went a couple years ago. All good but by far the best thing I ate in Charleston was the cornbread at Husk. If you make it to husk get the corn bread it's fantastic.

Margaritas, prosciutto & fig appetizer, sangiovese wine, red snapper & suckling pig were all a huge success!!! Again, thanks to all for the replies. :plus1: :cool2:

Back