Quantcast
Roasted Red Peckers...errr... Peppers Ideas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roasted Red Peckers...errr... Peppers Ideas

Roasted Red Peckers...errr... Peppers Ideas

Ok, so I have an assload of canned roasted red peppers force issued to me. I'm running out of ideas. Prefer quick & drity. Whatcha got?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

how about some lisbon sauce. Just blend them with some olive oil and garlic. Versatile and tasty.

http://how2heroes.com/videos/seafood...uese-cataplana

Sauce-Mix with marinara to make roasted red pepper sauce for pasta.

Soup-Mirepoix, chicken stock, roasted red peppers, basil, goat cheese and blend.

Kopanisti dip-Feta cheese, roasted red peppers, pickled banana peppers, garlic, olive oil and blend. Serve with homemade pita chips.

Pizza!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

red peppers coulis
    red peppers tapenade
    red peppers vierge
    red peppers powder
    red peppers risotto with mushroom and steamed bream
    red peppers stuffed with mushroom duxelles or fennel and saffron
    f*ck it... red peppers topping on fresh bread with loads of cold butter and salt. I wouldnt expect more
    foccacia with loads of red peppers will do

Red pepper tapenade is really good on pizza!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

You can really just keep them on hand and load them up in almost anything. They are a nice addition to a lot of things!

Romesco sauce.
    Sauteed with onions as a topping, main ingredient for sandwiches.
    Use in paella, jambalaya.
    Use with onions and other vegetables for a base for braising chicken a la chicken cacciatore.

+1 to pasta, pizza.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Thanks Everybody....good stuff here.
    I'm trying not to use them as a 'star' ingredient, but more as a 'supporting actor'. For me, canned roasted peppers always taste like crap. Cnochef, I'm gonna try the soup w/ diced roasted eggplant and pesto. Michael, I really like Romesco; one of my faves. Maybe a dirty rice w/ black beans and red pepper coulis. I could pair it with some 10oz ribeyes that magically appeared in my cooler. I'm also going to try drying them out a bit in the oven and grinding them with some local chilis to make harrissa or a sambal.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Harrissa or Sambal would be good on pizza!
    Spike C
    Pirsig