Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scimitar WIP HHH damascus

Going to gear back up on this one this week. Gota get the mokume fitted and finished then on to handle materials and butt caps. etc. So, Im thinking carved mokume similar to the EPIC set I made for Mikey!

Stay tuned.
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Love me some Scimitar action!

Randy, yet Another joy to behold. Your passion for your craft is inspirational. The words you chose to write when talking about the as yet unknown handle when you state: "will have to spend some time listening to the materials", is why I can only hope the final knife in my roll will be a 300 feather damascus Suji crafted by your Son and You. It is the vision of your previous works of Slicers and your entire array of knife art that come to mind every time I put on a party to cut fish, or even look at another Suji, that tells me I must own one, imbued with the spirit you represent both in form and in function..You have set the bar for this humble fisherman as I aspire to up my own game. Perhaps I am crazy but for me to create my best dishes, striving to be exceptional, my knives must speak to me of it's own history, while I imbue some of my spirit into the products I prepare in order to create my best work. It is the inspiration and the soul of the craftsman, who create the blade that is a key element for this chef to be inspired and motive to include, by transference, even a minute portion of both the Smith's and my soul from such an instrument into the product being prepared. If the blade moves me then so too will I be moved to be exceptional without considering boundaries...

I am still dealing with my own issues over on this side of the computer and will have to put them to bed before I can order a masterpiece from you..... I can only pray, one day soon, those issues will be put to rest and I will come a calling.

With utmost respect,

Jamie

So I hit a wall on this one and have been working with my client to finalize the details. Hes a busy guy and on the apposite coast so sometimes communications can be frustrating. However.. Im going to do a 3 knife order next week. A pre buy over run.. Petty, paring and chef knife set. In feather damascus.

I did finish a knife and have a photo to share. Just for fun and all!

Thanks Jamie. Your awesome!

Blessings
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9620 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	33091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9621 (800x534).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	382.5 KB 
ID:	33095  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9622 (800x534).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	388.9 KB 
ID:	33092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9648 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	33094  

Name:	IMG_9646 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	33093  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Hey Guys. This fancy scimitar is now done. I know. not much of a WIP. lol Let me explain. After reviewing the order with my client. I realized that he wanted a full tang. rather then a hidden tang. So as I wait for Jr. To forge me another piece large enough for his knife. I hand sanded this one to a mirror finish then made a beautiful handle for it.

Here are a couple of quick pics. I was loosing light and in the rain. So not alot of detailed photos. When I list this one I will have the details and info as well as lotsa pictures!

Thanks guys
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0739 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	408.6 KB 
ID:	33863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0730 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	415.4 KB 
ID:	33862  

Name:	IMG_0736 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	33861  

Available Knives

Quote Originally Posted by BorkWoodNC View Post
    That's a beauty, well done!
    Thank ya for checking it out and commenting.

Available Knives

Randy,

OM goodness. What a magnificent creation..You certainly have my attention with this Scimitar... but again, you and your work never really lost that attention. Every time I cut a new round of Sashimi, or look at other knives, I dream about owning one of your family crafted dami knives. Geez, I hope I am not developing an obsession.. LOL. I always thought the HHH knife I would someday own would be a feather pattern Suji but WOW, this is awesome. How do you think this blade would perform on fine and delicate fish slicing or is it designed to be more of a robust protein cutter? Thank you Randy. Your work is a gift.

Jamie

What Jamie said!!!
    Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.

That scimitar is EPIC!

All the knives pictured in this thread are awesome...