Mesquite Charcuterie boards

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Loftis

KKF Vendor
Reaction score
Texas is notoriously lacking in high-quality hardwoods, with at least one notable exception. Along the I-35 corridor, particularly in south Texas, there are some really cool honey mesquite trees. Mesquite is a unique-looking wood, and I love its character. I found a new source who has some mesquite lumber and some burl, and I cracked open my wallet for a chance at some of his stuff. These would be most approrpiate as charcuterie boards or serving trays rather than cutting boards. Lots of voids and gnarliness that I generally fill with black-tinted resin. IMG_3035.jpgIMG_3712.jpgIMG_3029.jpgIMG_3021.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 155
Looks very cool, are you going to post them on the site individually priced? Whats the general $$ range?

Amazing. Just amazing. Almost too good to even consider cutting up

Looks very cool, are you going to post them on the site individually priced? Whats the general $$ range?

I think most of these are spoken for (will have a better sense tomorrow), but I will be making a trip down to South Texas this weekend and might be able to make a side trip to get more of this. Price range will likely be $70-$200, depending on size and attractiveness. Burl will skew higher, normal mesquite lumber will skew lower.

I have a TON of one-offs and seconds right now that I'd like to sell; it's just a matter of finding an easy forum to sell them. I guess the options are our website, Instagram, here, or Facebook... welcome suggestions.

Those are awesome looking pieces of wood!

Since your website is set up for e-commerce already, it seems like that would be the best way to sell them. It may be a pain to list them individually, but it seems you'd have to do that in any sales venue. You could just post one picture of a bunch of them on your Facebook, Instagram, and the forums with a link to where you're selling on your website.

I say this because I'd heard of BoardSmith before I'd ever been to this particular forum. If you only advertised on the forum, I wouldn't know these pieces are for sale.

Back