knife show and prices on Takeda

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndavid

Reaction score
There is a knife show coming up near where I live and Takeda is supposed to be there. I have been looking at buying a Takeda for a while and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with the pricing at such knife shows.

Do the prices tend to match what they cost full retail, are they marked down, marked up? Like for example - the sasanoha NAS for 330 USD.

I may not follow his prices close enough to say but I don't think he marks them down for shows. I have never bought off his website but have purchased may 8 or 9 knives off him at various shows.

There is a knife show coming up near where I live and Takeda is supposed to be there. I have been looking at buying a Takeda for a while and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with the pricing at such knife shows.

Do the prices tend to match what they cost full retail, are they marked down, marked up? Like for example - the sasanoha NAS for 330 USD.

I met him at a show in NY once and the prices didn't look marked down at all. But maybe you can negotiate with him towards the end of the show...

I wouldn't be so worried about any discount as perhaps a chance to handle the knife first and make sure you get one with a decent grind (not chunky behind the edge).

I wouldn't be so worried about any discount as perhaps a chance to handle the knife first and make sure you get one with a decent grind (not chunky behind the edge).

Agreed, probably the best way to purchase a Takeda if you want one

When I met him at the Atlanta blade show few months back. His prices are the exact same as his prices online and at this other retailers.

I saw him in Atlanta a couple years ago. Prob no discount, pick out one you like and let him put the final sharpening on it for you. His sharpening technique is way cool.

Ask him why he no longer has his smiths make his brand the same way when reviewed by zknives almost ten years ago for what I think was 50 dollars less. Bring a tall carrot and your favorite gyuto for a comparison. Caution...lots of charisma and little English ...or less than what he might lead you to think. Yeah ..I have some issues::nunchucks:

Back