Any Sanjo cleavers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbusby1

Reaction score
I find that I generally prefer knives from Sanjo more so than from anywhere else. Just curious, are there any makers from sanjo making cleavers. *Other than Toyama, Watanabe, Shig, and the Itinomonn blacksmith? and that you can purchase in the states?

Yoshikane do/did. I haven't seen much from Yoshikane for a while, I could be completely wrong here, but I believe the eldest brother Tsuneo (SP?) retired and another started Masashi Kobo knives. Bernal had some instagram posts recently from Yoshikane so I assume they are still producing.

For what it's worth, I had a cleaver from them in V2. Great F+F, but I never really took to it.

Ta,
Josh

Yoshikane do/did. I haven't seen much from Yoshikane for a while, I could be completely wrong here, but I believe the eldest brother Tsuneo (SP?) retired and another started Masashi Kobo knives. Bernal had some instagram posts recently from Yoshikane so I assume they are still producing.

For what it's worth, I had a cleaver from them in V2. Great F+F, but I never really took to it.

Ta,
Josh

The only place I have seen yoshikane cleavers posted was at AFramestokyo, love that guy btw, I believe a portion of the yoshikane recently shown from bernal cutlery was new old stock but I could be wrong on that. I also saw them on IG with those listings.

So either AFrames or bernal seem to have current ties to yoshi.

That about rounds up cleaver makers in that region

I just meant lol because I know what he's asking for when he asks for a knife from sanjo :p

Latest posts

Back