• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: J-Nats

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainaman

Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Hakka #1 (from JNS): Dimensions 207x78x40mm PRICE = $350

2. Hakka #2 : Dimensions 205x75x33 mm PRICE= $300

3. Atagoyama Kiita (from JNS) : Dimensions 220x81x65mm (a size 24 stone) PRICE= $450

4. Ohira Renge Suita (from JNS): Dimensions 150x103x34 mm PRICE= $350

Good choice, has become my favorite finisher by far. Needs a nagura IMO, though, and took me some practice to achieve hair splitting results.

Good choice, has become my favorite finisher by far. Needs a nagura IMO, though, and took me some practice to achieve hair splitting results.
yes it needs tomonagura or nagura

Here it is in use :

[video=youtube;qLuNojL6Crw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLuNojL6Crw[/video]

That's a lovely selection. That Atagoyama is going to keep the new owner, and his kids and their kids very happy

That's a lovely selection. That Atagoyama is going to keep the new owner, and his kids and their kids very happy
I agree here, it is a great stone. The other ones are also very nice stones.

I forgot to add this in the original post, the prices include shipping in US. International buyers pay the actual postage fee.

Prices reduced by $50 on each of the remaning stones.

Great prices on these stones. Surprised there still here.
Would you describe the deference between the two Hakas?
Saw your videos of you sharpening Katos on these two stones. Curious if you have used them on single bevels.

Great prices on these stones. Surprised there still here.
Would you describe the deference between the two Hakas?
Saw your videos of you sharpening Katos on these two stones. Curious if you have used them on single bevels.

I have not used the any of the stone on single bevel knives.
Hakka 1 was my go to sharpening stone for touch ups, it is medium fine stone, makes mud pretty easy, but not as much as an aoto for example.
Hakka 2 is finer and harder stone. It produces some slurry and cuts fast for how hard it is.
Both stones are great performers for me.

Hakka #1 sold

Hakka #2 -$250 shipped in US
Ohira Renge Suita- $300 shipped in US

That is correct guys, the Ohira @ $300 is 150 bucks below what it cost me 4 years ago . That Ohira will take 1k edge and refine it in not time, that is the beauty of suita stones, they are fast.
The remaining hakka is very cheap for the size, and is a very nice and fine stone.

That is correct guys, the Ohira @ $300 is 150 bucks below what it cost me 4 years ago . That Ohira will take 1k edge and refine it in not time, that is the beauty of suita stones, they are fast.
The remaining hakka is very cheap for the size, and is a very nice and fine stone.
Hakka #2 also can be used after 1k, with heavy slurry , it is slower than the Ohira though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back