• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Watanabe negikiri/squarenose gyuto, 240 deba, Hattori gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
Offering some more of my collection for anyone interested (or just look at pictures). First is a rare custom order Watanabe I got about 2 years ago. It is called a negikiri (long onion cutter) but it is essentially a 240mm gyuto with a square nose, or maybe a long nakiri with some curve. Pretty cool really. It is made of Blue#2 and has a decent blade height. Can probably say without fear of contradiction that this is the only negikiri in the US...Watanabe said they have only made a couple ever.

It is a very useful knife, and has a similar profile and bevel to a Watanabe gyuto. It is great for vegetables and any chopping, especially rocking, and can also slice meats since it is a little over 240mm.
Watanabe $220 shipped CONUS

Next knife is a 240mm Ichimonji white#2 deba. This deba is great, beefy and thick (more than the 270 even), with a large grippy handle. This size is pretty popular in Japan from what I've seen. I will probably sell either this deba or the 270mm in the other thread and keep the other around. Great price offer considering 240s from Masamoto, Konosuke, or Mizuno are over $500.
Deba $300 shipped CONUS

Third one is an old standard, a 240mm Hattori FH gyuto. The spine and choil were rounded, and it is in good condition. Going toward wa-gyutos I think.
FH Gyuto $180 shipped CONUS

Right click View Image for full size

IMG_3819.jpg

negikiri
IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

someone's going to use your finger print. :laugh:

DEBA NOT SOLD. Buyer changed their mind. $300 still.

However, FH gyuto sold.

240mm Deba now $285. Best deal in the history of the world.

GAH! DARN YOU! and darn all of the people that haven't already bought these and saved me from having to do it myself!!!!! Sending PT now...

Watanabe squarenose to a backbreaking $190 shipped, final drop. Remember this is basically a 240 gyuto.

That Negikiri is rather interesting looking, and I should not be looking in here ARRGGHH

Yeah, I know, it just coincided with me being reasonable and keeping my money together...

Back