Restaurant recs in SF and Napa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Few weeks from now im doing a cali roadtrip, starting for a couple days in the bay area to visit old friends. It'll be one day in SF and then one day in wine country (napa, sonoma, whatever). With that extremely limited time frame in mind . . . Where would you eat?? :hungry3:

And no I can't afford TFL, as if I could get a reservation there at this point anyway :dazed:

PS: I owe the wife a nice dinner ... just not TFL nice.

I'd say personally top choice is Bar Tartine or Petit Cren both are seriously ******* delicious or even rich table/ statebird provisions/ The Progress. Really hard to go wrong in SF so many great places to go.

miminashi in napa might be fun... also two birds, one stone. But there are just so many great places up there.

Definitely Bar Tartine, also a new place my friend is the GM at called Tawla. Really good, refined Syrian/Eastern Mediterranean food.

Morimoto Napa for sushi restaurant may be.

SF is easy. just walk out the door.

i live in Sonoma Co now..just starting to explore. Starks is fun-ass happy hour. very good bar snack/eats. not expensive at all.

you interested in affordable places?

if you find yourself in Santa Rosa on a Weds evening. Bistro 29 has a happy hour dinner that is hard to beat for the money. french type cooking. i had a killer Coq au vin (price fixed 3 course) for $29.

and BEER. great beer here. having a difficult time finding a place with GREAT BEER AND GREAT FOOD...but Fogbelt doenst suck.
Russian River and Laquinitas is a good time. very crowded and i bit touristy,but ***..the beer is great.

Back