Quantcast
help neded with picking my knives uk imports - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help neded with picking my knives uk imports

so if i bought all my knives from the Ashi-Gesshin Ginga line would that be one of the best choices or should i just get the one you suggested and mix and match it with other brands

This line is definitely one of the best, esp in stainless but a lot has to do with your preferences and how much you hang around this forum, lol. If you want a bread knife, I don't think they make one. I think you should get the one knife and use it and decide if you want your next one to be thin like that or less so. Regardless, I think you'll be happy with this line.

If you want the knives to match, you can always have them rehandled. Then you will have a set of knives you love to use and all match, and they'll be all your own.

If you want bragging rights, an amazing knives, and Japanese authenticity, get a 240mm Shigefusa gyuto. I've never heard a bad thing about them.

Keep in mind that one great knife will replace an entire block.

Nice to have you by the way!

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    If you want the knives to match, you can always have them rehandled. Then you will have a set of knives you love to use and all match, and they'll be all your own.

If you want bragging rights, an amazing knives, and Japanese authenticity, get a 240mm Shigefusa gyuto. I've never heard a bad thing about them.

Keep in mind that one great knife will replace an entire block.
    *Cough* reactivity *cough*

Reactivity on the Kasumi version? I thought it was just the Damascus?

I should also add that Dr. Naka is experimenting on the "boiling water bath" for that...and I can't imagine it's too reactive to use.

Did you even bother to read the OP's posts? He wants stainless.

A little pointer to everyone, the OP is from the UK therefore I originally recommended the FH and buying from JCK due to the cheaper shipping.

Sponsors
    maybe this thread would get a little better response in the main area, but for the most part i think what people are saying makes sense... shippinng to the UK can be on the expensive side, so that is never fun but usually we do our best to condense and get as much out of one shipment as possible.

Anyways, to the OP, if you have questions that you would like me to answer, feel free to shoot me an e-mail... i'm in japan until october 2nd (meeting with the makers we work with... in fact, i'm going to be meeting with Ashi-san in about 1 hour), but i am still checking e-mails and returning phonecalls to the best of my ability (e-mail is currently the best way to reach me though).

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Did you even bother to read the OP's posts? He wants stainless.
    Stainless shmainless.