Japanese Knives Gesshin?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumke

Reaction score
What exactly is "Gesshin"? Is that a Japanese word, just the branding that you put on things you're importing to sell, something else?

Can you give a breakdown to the different lines that you have highlighting the differences between them for reference?

Jon Works directly with the black smiths and grinders/sharpeners to produce unique lines that are labeled "gesshin". just like Maxim's "workhorse" knives if you are familiar, the knives are still the quality form the producers you should expect, just elevated by Jon's experience as a knife user and professional sharpener.

What exactly is "Gesshin"? Is that a Japanese word, just the branding that you put on things you're importing to sell, something else?

Can you give a breakdown to the different lines that you have highlighting the differences between them for reference?

pretty much what cheflivengood said... Gesshin is a poetic sounding name in Japanese that we are using as our house brand name. We work together with a number of different craftsmen to create the different lines within Gesshin. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about specific lines, but writing about all of them here would be a rather long post.

So conceptually, you established a house brand like the brick and mortar japanese knife stores are said to do?

Back in 2011, Jon wrote this post about the origin of the name "Gesshin". An interesting read.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/67-Introducing-Gesshin™

Cool, that's just what I was looking for on the first part of my question. As I was browsing it was hard to keep track of the differences between the 11 or so Gesshin lines, which is why I was asking the second part of the question, but I'll ask any specific questions directly as I have them. Thanks

Cool, that's just what I was looking for on the first part of my question. As I was browsing it was hard to keep track of the differences between the 11 or so Gesshin lines, which is why I was asking the second part of the question, but I'll ask any specific questions directly as I have them. Thanks

perfect... i'm happy to answer any questions you might have

Latest posts

Back