Quantcast
My laser is a jewel! petty by raisedbybrocks - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My laser is a jewel! petty by raisedbybrocks

I have been using this knife all week for just about everything on the line from shallots too sliced protein and it is holding it's edge amazingly well. I would say edge retention on a weeks heavy work is about 85% and holding. It is developing the most beautiful patina and there is absolutely no reactivity as far as I can tell. Will, you did a great job. One suggestion though on the next ones could you round off the choil and the spine a little, they are both a little sharp.

Thanks Son thats great to hear. I have been rounding the choil and spine on my recent knives, as i've been using my own knives more I now understand the need. I will do this for you if you can post it back, or advise you about the easiest way to do it without hurting the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbybrocks View Post
    Thanks Son thats great to hear. I have been rounding the choil and spine on my recent knives, as i've been using my own knives more I now understand the need. I will do this for you if you can post it back, or advise you about the easiest way to do it without hurting the finish.
    Will, I have a little tiny diamond hone for some jewelry work I do and I went ahead and used that to round off the spine and choil, it worked perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread