• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Longest of long shots ... looking for a Billipp!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know, I know ... laugh at me. Just throwing it out there and see if it sticks.

The non Dammy version preferred, but wouldn't say no to a Dammy either ...

Go ahead, LOL some at me :biggrin:

you never know it worked for me a little while back:)

don't stop believing!!!

If you say so.....:lol2:
Vince-Neil-Plastic-Surgery.jpg

He does, but he keeps the count limited. He is first and foremost a farmer. He's also an effing gentleman.
Don't see too many Billipp knives on bst, I think theres only been one posted for sell historically (iirc). Everybody has their opinions, but for me Andy just gets it.

He does, but he keeps the count limited. He is first and foremost a farmer. He's also an effing gentleman.
Don't see too many Billipp knives on bst, I think theres only been one posted for sell historically (iirc). Everybody has their opinions, but for me Andy just gets it.

Well, according to him he won't open to books for years to come, so essentially there's no list [emoji24]

Well, according to him he won't open to books for years to come, so essentially there's no list [emoji24]

Not to rub it in but I got on the wait list in May of 2015. At that point he was estimating a 15 month wait. I got a feeling it's going to be a bit longer than that though.

My understanding is that Andy stopped taking orders once the waiting times hit about 2 years. Since as already noticed he is a farmer and is thus bound to whatever needs to be done in that profession. My friend who is also on the list was about to get Andy started to work on his knife (the discussions about the design, handle material and such were ongoing) and then the spring came early - and it will be late autumn when Andy will be able to work on his knife. I know it does not make those wanting a knife from him happy, but that's just the way it is ...

My understanding is that Andy stopped taking orders once the waiting times hit about 2 years. Since as already noticed he is a farmer and is thus bound to whatever needs to be done in that profession. My friend who is also on the list was about to get Andy started to work on his knife (the discussions about the design, handle material and such were ongoing) and then the spring came early - and it will be late autumn when Andy will be able to work on his knife. I know it does not make those wanting a knife from him happy, but that's just the way it is ...

I fully understand that, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not criticizing him at all. It's his life, his choice. Doesn't change that I would love to have one of his knives, and he knows that. If I have to wait a couple of years to get one, so bet it...

I'm just f***** impatient in general. It's annoying as hell LOL

patience is a virtue I have yet to learn.

Speaking of waiting lists, I got on a waiting list from a forum vendor in January 2013. Not even the slightest sign of realization yet. I have found several Shigs in the meantime and even 2 Hattori KDs... :eyebrow: A waiting list is fine but it should be limited to a reasonable length. If the list gets too long, close the books!

Billipp's approach is fine for me!

I am in line from late March 2015 :doublethumbsup:

I have too many sharp instruments as it is, so am fine with the wait (was stated at around a year at that point, though I think his popularity exploded around then). I am definitely looking forward to the knife though!

I think he used to be able to make at least some knives during farming season, but now only makes them in the off-season.
I wish I didn't have to wait, but it's better than waiting for his waiting list to open up again . . .

May I ask, what is so great about them? The looks, the performance, the whole package..?

Benny, it is the whole package. Well forged and HT'ed, very unique forge finish, scarcity. And they do perform well. Weight-wise in the Kato Workhorse category, but very different balance and weight distribution.

Hi! Yep i can understand everyone about those knifes.. i tried the one from zoze and wow! its a crazy laser like cutter and very nice solid and cuts waaaayy better than the profile would suggest!
Finish and handle.. all in all super!

A year and a half on the list and have not heard a whisper but not willing to sell/replace it. His knives are a work of art and supposedly, from others here, very functional as well.

Back