Japanese Knives Gesshin Kagero Western Restock and Update

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
We just restocked a bunch of western Gesshin Kagero today... you can find them here on the website:
https://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/gesshin-kagero/western-handle

Along with the restock, we've made some changes to the series. The gesshin kagero series now comes with a saya for example. Oh... and a box too (so, no more padded knife case sadly, but we still have them for sale). They also are a bit thinner overall (which means a bit less distal taper), and are a bit thinner behind the edge too.

Anyways, here's what the new ones look like (this is a 210mm gyuto as the example):

FU9A5347.JPG

FU9A5350.JPG

FU9A5369.JPG

and this is a 240mm gyuto, because the picture had better depth of field:
FU9A5366.JPG

Anyways, we hope you enjoy 'em while they last.

-Jon

Aw damn, of course these would come back in stock the same month I'm going to Vegas, bought 4 new tires, have 2 weddings to attend and my best friend's Birthday, my credit card is crying....

Hoping these are still around in a month or so....or I get lucky in Vegas

Yay! When I stop hemorrhaging green I'll have to see about grabbing one :)

I've long been interested in a powdered steel kitchen knife. A pity the steel is not listed here.

But the profile and geometry look good. And I like the simple clean look of the knife.

Any experiences with this knife?

they literally just came in this week, so aside from the people who have gotten them in store, i doubt anyone has received theirs in the mail yet... so aside from me, i dont think anyone has any experience yet with them.

I have a foolproof Vegas strategy to get rich, I plan to play Roulette the entire time and bet on both black and red every spin. No way I can lose then! :)

What's your experience then, John? :)

positive so far... the thinner overall grind has been nice, though the tip is not quite as thin. I'm pretty happy with how they came out.

@labor of love the western ones are actually now more similar to the japanese style ones. The japanese handled ones will not be changing.

positive so far... the thinner overall grind has been nice, though the tip is not quite as thin. I'm pretty happy with how they came out.

@labor of love the western ones are actually now more similar to the japanese style ones. The japanese handled ones will not be changing.

So the wa-handled ones will retain the original grind style with the same distal taper as before?

- Steampunk

So the wa-handled ones will retain the original grind style with the same distal taper as before?

- Steampunk

The wa handles ones already were different from the original western ones... now the western and wa match

Just opened the box. Knife looks great.

Back