Quantcast
A Kicj in the Teeth - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Kicj in the Teeth

I just read this Dave and I feel for you, this really sucks!!!! You have had more than your share of bad luck and problems to deal with this past year, you certainly didn't need this right now!! I hope you find a suitable location real soon.

You know if I lived closer that I would be there to lend a hand.

Dave:

It would be worth an hour with a real estate lawyer to see what the contract might or might not allow, and, in particular, where the contract might be in violation of the law or current court precedent. Real estate contracts are often in violation of laws and precedents without the knowledge of either party. You must check with a lawyer to find what your options are.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Hi David, just saw this - sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, I can only give moral support, I have no clue about legal matters. But I hope you will get out of this with most of your money - and ALL of your health!

Stefan

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Thanks to all. This afternoon I had the opportunity to speak with an attorney about this and we did come up with an idea or two. And I will consult with a real estate attorney tomorrow to see what options might be open to me.

All I can say at this point is that if I can stay open I will and if circumstances dictate otherwise, I will accept that and go on with life.

With a situation like this there is no good outcome. You will lose money and they will lose money. If you do something to purposely harm them then they can go after you and drag you into a sh1t tone of court time and attorney fees. Even if they dont win, the cost that you would incur is quite high. Whenever making this sort of decision consult an attorney. They generally know what they are doing. Good luck and godspeed.

Seriously sucks Dave. I've got some stuff going on in October, but PM me if you need a hand. I don't know squat about electrics or anything complicated, but I lift stuff real good

Still Plays With Blocks
    UPDATE.....

I am going to look at another building this afternoon that has promise. Closer to home, the same square footage as I was actually using in the current building and just a little more expensive. If the measurements come out as I hope, it could be a go to building.

Are all these places month to month?

Still Plays With Blocks
    The last one was and the new one will have a year lease.

Hoping the new place works well for you.