• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jnats: Type 24 Hakka LVL 3, RED Aoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheflivengood

Reaction score
Here are two rare stones up for sale.

First is a Very large Hakka, hardness is around 3, but it does produce a good amount of mud and is a very smooth and easy stone to use. There are a lot of colors in the stone; Pink, orange, green, brown and grey. This stone must have been droped in the past as it was urushi'd very well when I got it. I took the urushi off to see what was underneath and there are 2 horizontal cracks that were epoxied very well and the 4 sides were sanded quite smooth. I then used thinned shellac to re seal it at it looks stunning, you can see all the layers and colors on the sides as well, no other inclusions or lines can be seen anywhere which is super rare. This has been a pleasure to use and its hard to let it go, I could see this making it back to my collection some day. As a bonus this stone has the earthiest smell of all my stones when in use.

Size: 209 x 75 x 70 Price: $1000
First crack is 26mm from top, it would take probably 15-20 years of good use to wear it down to that point.
Second is not visible all the way around but is 12mm from the bottom on one side.
IMG_4685.jpg
IMG_4681.jpg
IMG_4677.jpg
IMG_4675.jpg

Next Stone is the ever elusive RED Aoto. Super smooth, fast and muddy with no impurity's. This stone is thicker on one side than the other because on the thin side is a crack that will soon be gone. When I noticed the crack I started using only the cracked side to wear it down, then I switched to the thicker side, but have yet to wear it down all the way even. This is the perfect bridge stone between a course and finisher for single beveled knives. Stone is sealed in shellac, but was done awhile ago, If the buyer wants me to strip it and re seal it for them I will for a small fee.

Size: 205 x 78 x (24 thin side, 29 thick side) Price: $300
IMG_4695.jpg
IMG_4691.jpg
IMG_4689.jpg
IMG_4687.jpg

Latest posts

Back