Any Idea who made this?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend gave me this as he was cleaning out some boxes of items. He says he had had it for-ever but cannot remember how he came by it... Hoping you folks might know. It looks like there are smith markings on both sides of the blade. Maybe someone can identify it.. Thank you for any help in advance. The Blade is about 10.5 inches long and the overall is about 19 inches. There is an engraved/relieved star in the handle on each side. This thing thing is a beast of a cleaver and should be able to section pretty much anything that once stood on 4 legs or ??.

Jamie

I was going to guess Beatty & Son, but the handle and how it's attached to the blade don't look like the others I've seen. That said, I don't know much about Beatty cleavers, but would love to have one.

BTW, I like the "DO NOT TOUCH KNIVES" tag on the rack in the background. Is that something you keep at home in the kitchen and/or on display?

Last edited:
Thank you TJ. I put up the note on the stand when I realized no matter how many times I told them not to, folks could not resist taking my knives off the rack. The magnets are fairly heavy duty as the display unit goes up 90 degrees to display the knives, so one has to know how to properly take these off the board... The last time it happened I swore the tip of one of the knives was broken but somehow I lucked out and it...For some reason my friends and family could not resist trying to grab and gawk at my collection.. I had to put an end to that craziness. Additionally, after a chef friend of mine cut himself to the bone on one of my knives I said no more folks using my tools other than me.. Crazy, Crazy, Crazy

Jamie

I'm surprised that label works at all. Everyone thinks labels and signs apply only to everyone else. "Surely this does not apply to me, as I am the most special of snowflakes..."

Back