Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kramer waiting list

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Kramer waiting list

Just a fun late night thread:
    Are you on Kramer's waiting list, and if so how long have you been waiting for?

I have been signed up for right around 8 months.

Kramer is hyped

Sure he his a nice guy and make great knives, but there are others making as good as or better knives than him. However I haven't tried his knives, so my opinion doesn't really count Im more interested in the waiting list over all the makers and pricing!

Price based on custom 240 Gyuto sanmai or damascus.

Bob Kramer: 4000 + - Unknown waiting list and time, you might never have one
    Bill Burke: 1900 + - Waiting time 1 year +
    Devin Thomas: 1900 + - Waiting time 1 year +
    Murray Carter: ? + ?
    Michael Rader: ? + had backorders for 8 month last time I checked
    Pierre Rodrigues: 1200 - last time I checked 8 months
    Marko: 400 - 6 months? (monosteel)
    Dave: 400 - 6 months? (monosteel)

This is however highly guessed waiting time and prices. I have no clue of the rest, since they haven't got my attention yet
    However: I truly believe Bill and Devins work are at par with Bobs work, they just don't have the marketing skills of bob, nor his great looks :P

I have had the pleasure to work with Bill, Devin, Pierre, Marko. All great guys. I hope for to work with carter, rader and dave someday soon. However Im not as rich as I once was, so my wallet is my limits. I probably never can afford going for a custom after the ones that are in the making But Hey: Im a home chef! No need for 20+ Guytos (actually I would do fine with just one)

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    tl;dr

While I'd like to say I'm not on the list because his knife designs just aren't my cup of tea, the bigger reason of course is that it's just way too rich for my blood!

I guess I'm on Kramer's lottery list, I still get the newsletter. It took almost four years for my number to come up the first time when he was only fulfilling orders sequentially.

Oivind, you always forget Kramer makes monosteel knives too. They are only $150 per inch.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

All makers go mono steel.
    Prices are about 50% off what I wrote

But why go mono, when you can go sanmai or damascus? Woot!

I've been on the list for at least a couple years. If my name ever comes up (not likely) I will buys as much as I can afford (and then some) and hope that the bubble doesn't burst before I can turn around and sell it for a nice 10X profit :} Then I'll give some of the other makers a call...

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post

But why go mono, when you can go sanmai or damascus?
    In Kramer's case, he claims his 52100 knives get sharper and perform better than his damascus. So, I suppose it depends on your priorities.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

If sharpness is the thing I rather go with a white from Carter...

People buying a 4000 knife from Bob, alas usually ends up never using it....

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    If sharpness is the thing I rather go with a white from Carter...

People buying a 4000 knife from Bob, alas usually ends up never using it....
    Completely off topic but are you really a lesbian... Just read that for some reason and fell in shock

Quote Originally Posted by memorael View Post
    Completely off topic but are you really a lesbian... Just read that for some reason and fell in shock
    FWIW and AFAIK: Oivind is a male name.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***