• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Use it or louse it sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chef Niloc

Banned
Reaction score
Those that know me know I don't sell knives often... I have only sold one and that was to upgrade. That sad going threw my stuff and there are some things that I just don't use.

All prices include pappal fees and shipping, US only I won't ship out side the US.

1st is a Nenox S1 270 Gyuto with Karin wood handle and Saya.
It's new, never used, and i'm all most positive I still have the box? If the box is a deal braker let me know and I'll look for it first, if not ill look for it when i pack it up to ship.
I got this knife when I did the group buy but fell in love with the red bone one I got at the same time so this one never got used. Know they don't make them with the Karin wood any more so I guess that makes it collectable? I ran the group buy so I got my pick-of- the-lot, I picked the one with the best looking handle for my self:D.
Think the new S1's sale for $590 ( some one correct me if I'm wrong) and the say as are a extra $45.
So I think $600 shipped is a great deal

59adb668.jpg

Next is a:
Nenox SD Series 150mm Petty Knife corian handle
This one is used but in great shape. I'm selling it B/C I got a red bone one now.
Note: I'm showing a picture of the heal, I kept nicking my self on it so I squared it off. I did this on purpose, but some may see it as damage so I'm pointing it out.
It's used but I think $175 fare

c83a4be1.jpg

fd90351d.jpg

New in box NANIWA Super stone #600
I ordered this on accident and was to lazy to return it, never used. Think you can see the price tag on the box? I payed 62.60 for it but I'll let it go for $55.

fdc9867d.jpg

60052fe6.jpg

Also new never used is a:
HandAmerican Borosilicate honing rod
This was a gift from Keith so I hope he does not mind me sealing it.
It's nice B/C the sheath is logo free, I think that makes it nicer any ways?
These get under soled at that " other store " for 90.00 but he's out of stock. So if some one has been waiting on one noes a good time to grab it.
$ 80.00
8e428efa.jpg

I have a
Shapton Pro 15000k and 8000
There used but not much, think I used the 15k like 3 times? I didn't take a pic of the 8k but it's in just as good shape only used 10 or so times. I only use J-nats after 1000 grit stones now so these stones just don't get used.
So $75.00 for the 8K and $100.00 for the 15K
If you take them both I'll knock it down to $160.00
If you buy something else from me here I'll sell them for $150.00 as I'll save on shipping.

6b822aee.jpg

Shosui Takeda Super Utility Mioroshi (Medium) AS - 18.9 cm

I got this about 5 or 6 years ago, I think he made better knives back then.
I used it a few times, like 2 or 3, so it's basically new. I have never sharpened it, (because I never really used it). I found it when I was going threw some stuff still siting in it's box, for those of you " box nuts"
Arizona sells it for $300. since it's a "used" knife
$250 if a great price.

71f10326.jpg

Hey Colin, that Naniwa is a Chocera not a Superstone.

Have Dave change it and have him delete our posts too.

Dont want to seem negative but a $590 for $600 doesnt seem lke a good deal !!

Actually, it is 631 + 45 for saya + shipping, so it will be around $686. Not a bad savings.

Soitenly I'll take the borosilicate rod. PM or email payment details (pathopfinger at gmail dot com)

Thanks

I found a few more thing siting around unused
1) 2001-EDOL Evolution Deluxe 18 pc. Knife Case. The olive green one with full Accessory Compartment with 5 exterior pockets.
It as good as new, I loaded it up once took it to work and then remembered I hate carrying my knives around with me. I can post a pic if you like but trust me it's still stiff and new with no nicks or cuts. They sell for about $80, so I'd take $60 shipped

2) Murray Carter Fukugo-zai Series Sujihiki (7.8 sun/ 237mm/ 9 3/8") with custom black palm and blood wood handle. Here's the thing, by luck this knife and handle combo were a match made in heaven! I mean I get chills every time I pick it up, light as a feather and perfect balance. Why sell it you may ask, good question. I bought the knife, it was my 1st Carter. The handle was so horrible I could/ would not use it. So I got a new handle from Stefan and by the time I got it and had it put on I hade my Burke Suji in hand, so it's gone unused for something like 3 years now. I love the knife but hate the idea that I'm collecting draw queens, so to a good home I would be happy to see it go. The knife was 3 and change new 350ish with shipping if I remember? The handle I think was 140+ shipping and install so that makes for a $500.00 knife new. Seeing as it's better then new and the heavens blessed this knife with luck I'm not willing to take a loss parting with it so $500.00 or I keep it. I will gladly take this knife back if you dont love it and find it worth every penny.

01ff9197.jpg

f9797532.jpg

Similar story as above another great knife but I haven't used it in so lone it seems a shame having it .
Wathanabe 320mm Sakimaru, 532.00 blue steel, Stefan handle. Note on handle: Madagascar rose wood, koa, mammoth bone & copper spacers. This is one of my favorite handles, I think many would agree, I think a picture of it is still on the front page of his sight. Knife was about 500 new handle was $200ish makes for a $700.00 knife. However unlike the Carter this knife is used still in mint shape but I used it for a year or more and sharpened it a few times. I put a nice j-nat edge and finish to it before I stock it in the draw so great knife at a great price $600.00 shipped.

a37962fc.png

4e39fe58.jpg

83d61218.jpg

Aritsugu A type 270mm Yanagi

Ok here's the deal with this one. I needed/ wanted a stainless Yanagi for work but they all sucked! I got this one and thought it sucked at first too. But it just fell into the category of Aritsugu A type come dull. I spent god only knows how many hours sharpening this thing as the steel is hard as hell. What I was left with was a great sharp as hell knife with a almost mirror finish. But then I got my Heiji SS and have not used the knife since. So the knife is used and sharpened, which I only think "finished" the knife were the Aritsugu left off. Knife was somewhere around 300 new, think it was 280+ shipping. So I'll let it go for $200.00. I can't find a pic of it but I'll take some today and post them.

Think I have some more stuff to post up but I got to go to work now so
To be continued.

I'm inclined to give a lot of slack on spelling and grammar, but the site does provide a spell checker....

But, "use it or louse it sale" - come on (louse is, technically, spelled correctly but I doubt that's what Colin intended). At least make an effort - it's not that hard.

Spelled right or not, we all got the idea...Colin is selling awesome rarely seen knives at a good price point. If I had the money I would jump on board.

I'm inclined to give a lot of slack on spelling and grammar, but the site does provide a spell checker....

But, "use it or louse it sale" - come on (louse is, technically, spelled correctly but I doubt that's what Colin intended). At least make an effort - it's not that hard.
dyslexia sucks, but I have never been shy in hiding it, spell check is a help bet it's not 100%, sorry if any miss spells confused you, most bros get what I'm trying to say but I will always get back to you in a pm if you have questions.

That was a waste of a comment, jheis. I guess when another guy can cook better food and has nicer knives, one looks for anything he/she can to try to level the playing field in his/her mind. Spelling? Seriously???
Colin, I'm loving the knives! The Carter is an absolute stunner!

Psh. Colin's many other qualities far outweigh the fact that he is, as my boss says about one of my co-workers, a non-speller.

These are crazy knives! You seriously may have the highest quality collection on the East Coast.

Psh. Colin's many other qualities far outweigh the fact that he is, as my boss says about one of my co-workers, a non-speller.

These are crazy knives! You seriously may have the highest quality collection on the East Coast.

Thanks...guess it's getting smaller... But keeping the quality up

some of the brightest, best people i've known couldn't spell for $hit. i find it endearing, myself, and one of my degrees is in comparative literature, so words are something close to my heart. anyway, i would have loved to have taken the 15k stone home, but i've promised she-who-must-be-obeyed no new sharpening stones until next year (the knives can kinda be hidden, but the stones stick out).

i find it endearing, myself,
Haha, I was literally just about to make a post saying I felt that Colin's orthographical malfunctions were endearing, much like Ryan's.....use....of....ellipses....as....his....only....punctuation, and Dave's insistence upon spelling the word "heal" instead of "heel."

The sword is mightier than the pen around these parts, ya know.

Back