Quantcast
Shipping Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Advice

Shipping Advice

Hi all

I need to send my Tanaka Ironwood 210 to Dave to have a small chip taken out and be sharpened - I have a voucher

What is the best way to ship this (I live in the UK) and what sort of cost is involved ?

Anybody from the UK had experience of this ?

Thanks

Whatever you do, insure it! USPS can fook anything up.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Are you going to have to pay duty on it when it gets sent back to you from the States?

You know those cylinder things they use to ship posters or rolled up stuff? they work pretty well... just wrap your knife up with newspaper or something, wrap it with bubble wrap, put it inside the cylinder thing... and you're good to go...

Those cylinders are great, worry free, reusable and tough as all hell!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Okay, while we are on this topic, do you guys use cylinders to ship longer knives (270's and 300's)? Those dang ready ship boxes accomodate up to 240mm max,

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Are you going to have to pay duty on it when it gets sent back to you from the States?
    No.

Make sure to protect the tip well (e.g. sticking it into a winecork or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Okay, while we are on this topic, do you guys use cylinders to ship longer knives (270's and 300's)? Those dang ready ship boxes accomodate up to 240mm max,
    I use a local shipping service that custom makes boxes to size, its a little more expensive but worth it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I bet they have longer ones... like the ones they use to ship posters... Or even the cylinders that architects use to store blueprints.... I bet you can find longer sizes with those....

And if its too long, just stuff it first with crumpled newspaper or something...