Sydney AUS Restaurant/ Activity Recommendations.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleque

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of forum members from Australia and I've planned my first trip to Sydney and thought I would ask for recommendations. I've looked at Yelp and Google ratings, but it's hard knowing if tourists or locals are using those rating guides.

I'm open to all price points, but since I'm on a budget, I would appreciate restaurants that are reasonably priced. I've budget for a few nice dinning experiences, so don't leave out any favorites.

Also, since this is my first time, are there any must do tourist activities? I'm with a group of 3 other people going, and we like sightseeing/historic, adventure, and really anything as long as it's memorable.

Thanks in advance!

eleven bridge is my favourite, super cool French Chinese fusion :)

I hear great things about Billy Kwong, another chinese place.

How long do you have in Sydney/Aus?

Rockpool bar and grill. Spice temple. I go when I can afford it

A walking tour of the Rocks is an interesting look into Sydneys early history, there are some great Pubs in the area too.
The harbour bridge climb, the Bondi to Bronte coastal walk, Taronga Zoo, catch a ferry from Circular Quay to Manly.

As for restaurants there are lots of great options, all the ones listed so far are great at the top end add Sepia, Quay and The Bridge Room, icebergs dining room & bar
A little more affordable Lumi Dining, Ester, Automata are contemporary options

LP's quality meats, bodega, continental deli (KKF member Messy Jesse is the chef there) the dolphin hotel are a bit more relaxed.
There are heaps more feel free to PM me for more specific recommendations.

Back