Best food processor for home?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumke

Reaction score
Time to replace my cheapo 10 yr old food processor and wanted to see if anyone has any that are significantly better than others. I'm okay spending $$ on quality. While something like a real robot coupe would be nice, I don't want something huge. Is their home version (magimix) worth it?

Any other suggestions?

I had a Magimix for years and it was very good.

Otherwise, ATK made a comparison of many different models last year.

[video=youtube;QZokEtjvDao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZokEtjvDao[/video]

Cuisinart has worked well for me at home. Smaller Robocoup are no larger unless you accessorize.

Personally, for home use cooking for less than 10 people, I think a food processor is superfluous. Mirepoix in a food processor? Blasphemy, I say! We are all about nice sharp knives and we should use them any chance we get in a home setting. The exceptions are shredding large volumes: cheese, cabbage, carrots... the bell attachments for a kitchen aid mixer works just fine.

At home, especially due to space restraints, less gadgets the better. Our hands and knives can take care of most any prep needed (IMHO).

If you have lots of space and money and are typically prepping in large volume... Robot Coupe for the win. Nothing comes close to it (that I have used).

Falafel (maybe I need to try it with a yo-deba and mortar :) and related, and egg-free Mayonnaise, that's the two things I need mine (el-cheapo) for :)

For home use, a Robot Coupe would be over-kill. That would be like buying a Ferrari to only use for running to the grocery. If you have that kind of money, have at it. I probably would. Otherwise I recommend Cuisinart. I have been using an older version of the Prep 11 Plus for over 20 years. The one thing I don't like about this model is the built-in safety mechanism which isn't present on any of the other models. Using Bed, Bath and Beyond's 20% off coupon to buy the Custom 14 for $160 would be the best bang for your buck.

Cuisinart Prep, Pro Custom and Elite are good. Also the Breville. Stay away from the current gen of Kitchenaids.

Back