Stefan's Aloha kakou!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

nice to see you all here. Thanks to Dave for providing this space for discussions and exchange - and for letting me have my first ever subforum :D

I will try to use this space to occasionally show some of the handles I am making, to answer any questions you may have, and whatever else I can think of as we go along. Please feel free to ask anything you want to know, I will check in here as often as time permits. If you want to look at what I do in the meantime, you can check out my website at www.japanesehandles.com .

I look forward to sharing ideas and experiences with everyone here,
Aloha,

Stefan

It is wonderful to have you here Stefan!

Stefan,

Good to see you here.

I'm looking forward to seeing what one of your "budget" handles looks like on a Carter I sent Dave. It's the small one of the seven you initially sent him.

I hate to use that word, "budget" to describe any of your work. Maybe "Off the shelf"?

Rick

Thanks for being brave enough to pick one of them up, Rick ;) I like off-the-shelf also better. In the end, they are really not much different from my regular ones, only cheaper because I made them as a special run with limited woods. I still have 25 more to finish... I thought I would be done by now, but then I had a friend come out here for a week and instead of woodworking I spent my time drinking cocktails, driving around the island with the top down, and eating at Morimoto's new place :D

Stefan

I spent my time drinking cocktails, driving around the island with the top down, and eating at Morimoto's new place :D

Stefan

Awh man, I hate it when that happens! :D

You're spending waaaaay too much time enjoying life these days Stefan.

Now get back to work! :p

That's what the other Dave also tells me :D BTW, I like your signature. I hesitantly admit that this is one of my favorite movies :eek:

Stefan

Hi Doc. I'm tickled to have a sub-forum along side of you. Maybe one day I can afford one of your handles but first I need another knife.

Aloha! I love your work. I'm glad to see you here.

Latest posts

Back