Price information on a Shigefusa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vancouverguy

Reaction score
Recently upon my search for a Shigefusa, I came across this site : https://www.dictum.com/en/knives/ja...getable-knife?ftr=shigefusa_1_3_97.17_1_12_12

For a 160mm Usuba in Kataeji, Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this website, and the credibility with the legitimacy of this site selling Shigefusa's. Wondering if its worth $475 USD, considering the market for Shigefusa's out there...

Thanks in advance

It's a well known and reliable website over here in EU. However, they do tend to mess around a bit with knife appellations — they will call a sujihiki a yanigiba or, such in this case, a nakiri an usuba. I would advise contacting them before committing to a purchase to make sure you are getting want you think you are getting.

Thanks guys, Seems like they have mislabled it as a Nakiri. Wow, All of the knives are gone already! that's surprising to see.

Yeah dictum is great, I've found some great deals there

I met the owner at the Atlanta Blade show once. I told him about a problem (U.S. Customs) I had with an order and he went right back to Germany and straightened it out for me. I was impressed.

I got some knife making supplies from dictum - they do not have too large of a choice of wood, but all I bought was first rate.

Sounds good that there are many positive reviews! I look forward into purchasing items from them over seas as their items seems to be reasonably priced!

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I purchased a shig Nakiri 210mm 4 years ago for $180 used(pretty much ootb though) and it's best feature was it's good looks.

Sorry. Didn't realize you were talking about a fancy Damascus shig. Price makes more sense. Atleast for those that like shigs I guess.

Sorry. Didn't realize you were talking about a fancy Damascus shig. Price makes more sense. Atleast for those that like shigs I guess.

Damn thats a Good deal $180 for a used .. pretty much ootb Was it a Kasumi finish? . That sounds excellent. How is it doing now?

Back