Quantcast
Two knives for sale
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two knives for sale

Two knives for sale

These are knives with experimental steels in them. Both are san-mai. The top one is a PM stainless with a 410 clad. The bottom one is a high carbon steel with 410 stainless clad.

I have used the top one in my kitchen for a couple of weeks and love this knife. We did a lot of research before we settled on this particular steel. The handle is stabilized black ash burl and it has a black papper micarta ferrule.

The bottom knife pictured has a stabilized curly English sycamore and black papper micarta handle. This steel is slightly more wear resistant than 52100.

Both knives have steels that have a great balance of wear resistance, sharpenability, toughness, and edge stability, we are digging these steels. We will not be revealing the names of these steels, sorry.

The price on each of these is $575.00 + shipping. Priced to sell, I hate to see these go.

These are between a custom and a midtech.

Hoss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	1771  

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

These won't last long. Just curious, is it the same steel as is in Pesky's knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    These won't last long. Just curious, is it the same steel as is in Pesky's knife?
    The carbon steel one is the same.

Also need to mention that these are 240mm.

Hoss

Nice job! They look great, and I am seriously contemplating selling a DT to get a DT.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Nice job! They look great, and I am seriously contemplating selling a DT to get a DT.
    I'd do it. I haven't done a comprehensive review but my Mystery Carbon Gyuto is cut great, and is an amazing steel.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    I'd do it. I haven't done a comprehensive review but my Mystery Carbon Gyuto is cut great, and is an amazing steel.
    Dangit, if these are not gone by 10 am mdt one is mine...please someone remove the temptation. ..

I may have to have a large knife sale shortly.

PM sent on top one.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Yeah, these are nice (and tempting). Thanks for the peek and steel intrigue. My guess is that the top blade was made in the library by Colonel Mustard using a candlestick.

k.
    Last edited by mr drinky; 09-23-2011 at 05:05 AM. Reason: too early for typing
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson