Two knives for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
These are knives with experimental steels in them. Both are san-mai. The top one is a PM stainless with a 410 clad. The bottom one is a high carbon steel with 410 stainless clad.

I have used the top one in my kitchen for a couple of weeks and love this knife. We did a lot of research before we settled on this particular steel. The handle is stabilized black ash burl and it has a black papper micarta ferrule.

The bottom knife pictured has a stabilized curly English sycamore and black papper micarta handle. This steel is slightly more wear resistant than 52100.

Both knives have steels that have a great balance of wear resistance, sharpenability, toughness, and edge stability, we are digging these steels. We will not be revealing the names of these steels, sorry.

The price on each of these is $575.00 + shipping. Priced to sell, I hate to see these go.

These are between a custom and a midtech.

Hoss

024.jpg

These won't last long. Just curious, is it the same steel as is in Pesky's knife?

These won't last long. Just curious, is it the same steel as is in Pesky's knife?

The carbon steel one is the same.

Also need to mention that these are 240mm.

Hoss

Nice job! They look great, and I am seriously contemplating selling a DT to get a DT.

Nice job! They look great, and I am seriously contemplating selling a DT to get a DT.

I'd do it. I haven't done a comprehensive review but my Mystery Carbon Gyuto is cut great, and is an amazing steel.

I'd do it. I haven't done a comprehensive review but my Mystery Carbon Gyuto is cut great, and is an amazing steel.
Dangit, if these are not gone by 10 am mdt one is mine...please someone remove the temptation. ..

I may have to have a large knife sale shortly.

Yeah, these are nice (and tempting). Thanks for the peek and steel intrigue. My guess is that the top blade was made in the library by Colonel Mustard using a candlestick.

k.

Last edited:
Devin:

Why did you decide to make san mai knives?

Devin:

Why did you decide to make san mai knives?

For the carbon steel, it is dificult to finish because of it's wear resistance and I like the stain resistance of the 410 clad along with cool looking edge formed from the layering.

The PM stainless is very expensive. It also has a cool frosty look against the shiny clad.

I love the laminated steels.

I had a guy ask me once if I knew anything about laminated steels, I told him that I knew a little bit about it.

Thanks everyone.

Hoss

...I had a guy ask me once if I knew anything about laminated steels, I told him that I knew a little bit about it...
I hope it wasn't a forum guy... :lol2:

Damn, I must be the turtle's turtle. Open offer to buy either if they don't work out for you guys down the road.

Nice knives, Devin! I'm looking forward to whatever sort of review we get on these.
I think your cladding goes down a perfect amount. Great edge design!

Latest posts

Back