Available knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefcomesback

Reaction score
Just a heads up I have two blades that are done without handles at this moment both 240mm gyutos , one takefu sg2 San mai ( stainless clad pm stainless ) around 63hrc and the other one 240mm takefu vtoku stainless to carbon San mai ,around 64hrc .
They can be either wa or western with your choice of handle material, pm me if interested.

Vtoku carbon core stainless San Mai is spoken for , only the sg2(r2) San mai left

I have a honyaki gyuto hiki coming up , water quenched blue2 , 255mm at the edge , 47mm tall , 65hrc . If interested post here or pm me

I have decided to go western with the sg2 San mai , handle is curly Koa from burl source, stainless bolster and brass spacer
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1479509461.001682.jpg
225grams , thinner asymmetric grind , 53mm tall
It is available for sale

I have decided to go western with the sg2 San mai , handle is curly Koa from burl source, stainless bolster and brass spacer
View attachment 33607
225grams , thinner asymmetric grind , 53mm tall
It is available for sale
PM sent.

Gorgeous knife. Can you post a pic of the handle, top view, please? I wanna see the handle shape... If it meets my expectations (handle shape) I guess I will jump on it!

PM sent.

Gorgeous knife. Can you post a pic of the handle, top view, please? I wanna see the handle shape... If it meets my expectations (handle shape) I guess I will jump on it!

Thanks, I have sent you a pm

Are these last 2 also assymetrically ground SG2 san mai? Which wood is in the handles?

(And once again, fantastic work- almost goes without saying, Mert).

this knife shows once again the beauty and fascination of Koa which changes colour depending on the light conditions from a cool, metallic light-golden tone to warm reddish-brown... AMAZING!!!

Btw, I want this one!

Are these last 2 also assymetrically ground SG2 san mai? Which wood is in the handles?

(And once again, fantastic work- almost goes without saying, Mert).

Thank you , It is asymmetrical ground , handle is spalted curly koa that I was waiting to use for a long time

Back