Time to thank you

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefcomesback

Reaction score
It has been just over 2 years since I made my first gyuto ,which ended up with my friend Rami and soon after took my first custom order from another friend,Al ( cheflarge )
While I was checking records for the business I realised I made many knives for people both in fora and forums , I would like to thank you for keeping me busy and thank you for your support .
Especially I owe a big thank you to the people who supported me in my first year of making knives , many of you bought seconds , thirds and even 7th's ( thanks Sam [emoji109][emoji51])
it is a very uphill battle which challenges many new and even established makers to a breaking point , I believe I managed to overcome that bump

To show my gratitude I will be giving away a 170mm stainless to carbon clad (takefu vtoku San mai ) western gyuto . For those who currently own any of my knives , bought direct of me , knives and stones or bought from bst, post a picture of the knife you own and feel free to comment , I will keep this thread active for 2 weeks or so since some don't check the forums as often as the others to give everyone more chances to enter . I will do a random number generator to determine the winner , each knife you own from me will give you ONE entry , if you have two knives you get to post 2 entries and more chances of winning the drawing. People who have a knife in transit ( Lucretia) get to post as well regardless of having one in front of them or not
Here is the picture of the knife for the drawing
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1476777943.511373.jpg

And a quick video of it
https://instagram.com/p/BI46-J7haVI/

Handle is curly Koa from burl source and stainless 416 bolster , good luck to everyone , time to see some Tansu knives pictures [emoji12]
Thank you again
Mert

You got 1.5 week to make my knife, I want to enter this draw!

Sorry for the crappy pics. This knife never really sits idle for photo shoots.

Sorry for the crappy pics. This knife never really sits idle for photo shoots.

Thanks Marc , I was hesitant with the profile initially but really enjoyed over cutting tests , especially the aggressive tip

Awesome pics Anton , thank you . I gotta start working on the next one soon

Ps the one entry per knife is so unfair... Cheeks has this won already :p

Bad ass boning knife. When I saw the first one you put out, I would show cooks the picture on my phone
image_zpslftqvjz2.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] like normal people show off their kids. Lol.

knife010316.JPG

"The knife you have is 173mm petty that has the same ratio to height to length as my gyutos . It is hand forged San mai , iron clad aogami #2 , water quenched around 62-63 . Convex ground for right handed user , very thin but no flex . Handle is Hawaiian mango , nickel spacer and Blackwood . Saya is zebrano and buffalo horn . It will be as easy to take care as monosteel......." :cool2:

Full disclosure: have since changed the handle to one of Anton's blue dyed burled maple.

That is so awesome Mert! Crappy pics of an awesome knife. Before I got this I thought I hated Western handles ... guess it took one of yours to change my mind!

27161256be.jpg
[/IMG]

27161257jx.jpg
[/IMG]

ogQMl7Y.jpg

From left to right
Sanmai honesuki, Damascus boning knife, Honyaki petty, San mai gyuto, Damascus sujihiki (my first), 52100 gyuto, Honyaki yanigiba.
Sorry for the patina.

Thanks for doing this Mert its above and beyond.

I have ordered a 280mm 52100 workhorse gyuto from Mert. However, I still need to wait for another 8 months. Hopefully, the new power hammer Mert just got is going to speed up the process.

Here are my 3 from you, Mert

mA2tgrQ.jpg

From left to right
  • 235mm Gyuto 52100 in Australian Rosewood/Nickel
  • 170mm Kiritsuke Blue 2 honyaki in Snakewood/African blackwood/nickel
  • 270mm Suji 1095 honyaki in Birdseye red gum/marble horn w/ matching saya

This is the knife Mert spoke of in the opening of this thread. It is the last blade he made with out his makers mark. 230mm gyuto in 52100 hidden tang western handle in curly maple w/ Australian ringed gidgee ferrule and end cap, brass bolster. Tiger Maple Saya.

Words can not explain my thoughts on this knife......... Everything changed after I received this functional work of art!

tigerguyto.jpg

Mert
A very generous way of showing your appreciation to the good folk who have bought and use your knives. Even better, it showcases your work to newbies like me. We all get to see a gallery of some great knives. Excellent looking output with seriously positive feedback from users. Let's hope you continue producing these beauties for a long time to come.

Bad ass boning knife. When I saw the first one you put out, I would show cooks the picture on my phone
image_zpslftqvjz2.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] like normal people show off their kids. Lol.

Normal ? We are way past that point Jeff [emoji16][emoji13]

ogQMl7Y.jpg

From left to right
Sanmai honesuki, Damascus boning knife, Honyaki petty, San mai gyuto, Damascus sujihiki (my first), 52100 gyuto, Honyaki yanigiba.
Sorry for the patina.

Thanks for doing this Mert its above and beyond.

Thanks for your support Sam , that's the ultimate "family picture "

I have ordered a 280mm 52100 workhorse gyuto from Mert. However, I still need to wait for another 8 months. Hopefully, the new power hammer Mert just got is going to speed up the process.

It's not the process man , it's the whatever time I have left after 2 kitchens and 2 young kids [emoji28]

Back