Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First ever HHH Knives mini hammer in/get together!!

Salty's video of the HHH Hammer in!

AWESOME!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I whole heartedly agree. There is always a sense of brother hood after a get together like this. It was an amazing time and a great learning experience.

I will also do this as a wip but here is a suji made from the damascus forged at Randy's!

I like the end of that vid of Salty hacking up an onion...
    ...and then remembering it was supposed to be sliced!

That happens to me at LEAST once a week. Thankfully I'm the only prep guy so I just divert resources.

That looks like a blast! Seriously!

I don't know why I am thinking about this, but as I watch the video a question that comes to my mind is there a difference between a quick strike hammer blow like we often see with the Doi and Kramer videos vs. what seems to be a slower pressing action in the video above?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    I whole heartedly agree. There is always a sense of brother hood after a get together like this. It was an amazing time and a great learning experience.
    Brother

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I don't know why I am thinking about this, but as I watch the video a question that comes to my mind is there a difference between a quick strike hammer blow like we often see with the Doi and Kramer videos vs. what seems to be a slower pressing action in the video above?
    They both essentially do the same thing. Just in a different way. I dont have a power hammer and have not used one.. So I really cant say what one is better suited for one task or another.. Maybe someone who has more knowledge can help explain the differences.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Mike, Thats a Sweet looking profile! I cant wait to see it etched..

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    I like the end of that vid of Salty hacking up an onion...
    ...and then remembering it was supposed to be sliced!
    That happens to me at LEAST once a week. Thankfully I'm the only prep guy so I just divert resources.
    That looks like a blast! Seriously!
    To funny.. But honestly. Im glad he diced it.. makes for a way better video for sure!! And we ate em! Not sure if there was any video of the tomato slicing. That was also cool!

Availible Knives

I can't speak to the effect of different impact protocols on steel, but on non-ferrous metals they respond very differently when struck hard or soft. With softer impacts the metal can be moved farther with less stress fracturing.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig