Hi new member from NJ - Bob Kramer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanm721

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, my brother gave me a Bob Kramer 10" chef 18 years ago on my 30th birthday- pre Zwilling, Henckels, etc. - he actually called and could speak to Bob on the phone back then. I emailed Kramer Knives recently and they found the record of the purchase on their books. I am having them recondition/service it as it was with my ex-wife for a few years and she used like any other knife in the drawer. They will send it back with an authenticity certificate. Anyone have any idea of what the knife's value might be? Thanks for any input. Alan

$300. I'll take it [emoji12][emoji23]

Haha, I'm being serious. I tried some online research but kinda tough to get a handle on value; that's why I came to this form to see if anyone had any insight. Appreciate it.

Enough that you shouldn't tell the ex.

Having them recondition it is a great idea, it will increase it's value greatly. Look at the bay to see current pricing. Post pictures after you get it back from Kramer :D

Having them recondition it is a great idea, it will increase it's value greatly. Look at the bay to see current pricing. Post pictures after you get it back from Kramer :D

Thanks, ebay just kinda has the Kramer Henckels/Zwilling stuff. Nothing for the original Kramer knives when he just made a few a year in his small custom shop back then. This one is handmade by Mr. Kramer.

They vary quite a bit depending on condition and age. I'm no expert but there are a few around these parts. Posting pics will help people identify the time period and possible value. Other note would be that when you're ready to post pics, do it in a separate thread in the main knife forum where it will get a few more views.

Cheers

I'd say 2-3k tops given it will have to be reconditioned and has been kind of mishandled. Also Kramer was just getting started back then and will his knives from that era really be as good as his later knives? A 10" Kramer Meji for example in really good shape from about 10 years ago sold for around $2800 as I recall ..

Kramer does a fantastic job with the repairs/ restoration. You should get that knife back as good as new. it's worth some cabbage, but unless you really need the money I would hold onto it and use it a bit.

Couple of days ago someone posted pics of a whole set of Krämers. You can probably still find the thread.

It was a but dubious as it seemed he was looking to sell them, and he deleted the pics and disappeared after some forum members questioned his motives...

Oh, I get it. Well, my story is legit and its also kinda funny b/c my brother has a bit of a culinary background but also champagne taste and beer budget so to speak. So 18 years ago he has the foresight to buy me a Bob Kramer as a birthday gift and paid couple hundred I think; maybe not even. Good stuff.

Thanks David, definitely intend to admire it for a long time. Per the website, they only service custom Kramers. They emailed me a form to return with the knife only after finding the record of my brother's purchase in 1998. $18/inch to recondition and $50 to issue an original owner certification. Couple hundred more for shipping and insurance.

I got it back... its a beaut. Certificate of Authenticity, etc. Trying to figure out how to post images here.

keep the Kramer, sell the ex wife

Haha, already done. Difficulty posting images. It sees paste the url of the image. I have no url address. I just have jpeg pics I took from phone. Anyone?

Haha, already done. Difficulty posting images. It sees paste the url of the image. I have no url address. I just have jpeg pics I took from phone. Anyone?

You will have to host the pics somewhere like photobucket, and copy the share image url

home

test to see if this posted

Just the thought of a real Kramer shuffling around the ol' cutlery drawer without a care in the world makes me cringe!

Back