If you could have one knife for xmas - which would it be?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
If Santa could grant you one knife this year, which would it be and why? Price is of no importance. You could have any knife in the world...

I wanna see your dream knife. And remember: this knife comes as an extra knife to your big collection.

As long as we're dreaming:

au-shockwave-euro.jpg

Santa doesnt exist.

But anyways I was always dreaming of victorinox ham slicer.

Hmm,
Gesshin Ino Blue#2 honyaki wa-gyuto 270 ebony/blonde
Or Konosuke ZDP-189 270 wa-gyuto ebony handle blonde ferrule and end cap.
Unfortunately, Santa just informed me I've been a bad mofo so I'll keep dreaming.

Something from one of our custom guys in a cool steel, wrapped in san-mai that performs as well as one of the best Japanese knives.

A custom profile Bill Burke 9.5" in straight 52100 with a desert ironwood burl handle.

Bill Burke 260 gyuto with the same profile and blade shape as this monster of his.

32zuc1c.jpg

OK, I can see folks seriously sweating over it.

I would like kurouchi finished deba 230mm/65mm/8mm from MC. Handle from single piece of burned wood plus mosaic saya

Del Ealy 270mm new profile western handled damascus gyuto with mokume bolsters and ironwood scales!

Are we allowed to ask for another forum member's knife?? That would be cool of santa to take someone else's awesome knife and give it to me ;)

I'd ask for Santa to nab Colin's Bill Burke Suji.

k.

I am going to have to go for a 240 David Broadwell san mai gyuto.

I have to admit that Colins suji is awesome. However I find this knife from Bill extreeeeeeeeeeeeemly interesting!!!
http://epicureanedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=88201

This knife got a really interesting length and profile. I also LOVE the look :)
I might order a copy of Bill (as some of you know Im waiting on a knives from him). Would be awesome with my own Bill Burke knife block!! (containing 3 knives!!!) This one is one of the most beautiful knives Ive ever seen :)

I also admire some of the stuff Devin does. For xmas I think I would go for his 9/11 knife without even seen it :p

Bill Burke's san mai suji with musk ox horn, or nenohi yanagiba honyaki with "nenox" western handle.

I would like to get the knife that Brutus used to stab Caesar. Then sell it for lots and lots of money, buy a new car, have enough left over to get me through another few months after my job ends to find or start something new, and for a trip to visit my folks in Germany. Oh, and I would probably buy a 330 ginsanko sakimaru takohiki from a reputable maker. And some musk ox horn ;)

Stefan

:spiteful:randy's makin mine now. you'll see them when they are done.:wink:

The custom chefknife I ordered from Marko ... should have it long time before christmas though

I'd convince Pierre and Murray to combine forces for one super knife. It'd likely end up being a narrower 215mm gyuto, with an ironwood and light spalted maple handle, with a thin red spacer.

This is a tough question because there are so many awesome knives out there!! But if I HAVE to just choose one knife Its gona be this one made by Bruce Bump.. The Judge!

TheJudge.jpg

Latest posts

Back