Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Holiday Treats

  1. #51

    Haburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by cheflivengood View Post
    Dammy Kunai


    Quote Originally Posted by hambone.johnson View Post
    Chinese veg cleaver ... 220mm length. 52100. Thin grind. Either short fat traditional handle or a western handle
    I like it!

    Ian Haburn Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Sign up for our new knife email HERE.
    Follow me on Instagram

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    96
    Would kill for a set of Damascus steak knives!! I know it's total overkill but wow factor would be on another level!!


  3. #53
    Senior Member hambone.johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Haburn View Post


    hambone.johnson
    Chinese veg cleaver ... 220mm length. 52100. Thin grind. Either short fat traditional handle or a western handle

    I like it!
    Will you give me the secret "prior to posting online" PM if it gets completed ?!?!?!?!

  4. #54

    Haburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    854
    For sure. I shoot ya PM if I make one.
    Ian Haburn Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Sign up for our new knife email HERE.
    Follow me on Instagram

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    34
    200mm Line knife. The knife you can pull out to do anything and never be frustrated with your choice. Or a Bird's Beak pairing knife.

  6. #56

    Haburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    854
    Good input Rob! What heel height do you guys like for a 200mm line knife? Around 40mm?
    Ian Haburn Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Sign up for our new knife email HERE.
    Follow me on Instagram

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    St. John's, NL
    Posts
    428
    42-44 for me 🙂. I prefer knuckle clearance. I don't personally get the 210 petty for a line knife. I find it somewhat awkward, especially if you have to bust out some quick prep lol. But that's just me. Lots of guys swear by it. Cough integral westerns monosteel/stainless or San Mai cough lol

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    34
    44mm heel on a 210 is getting close to just being a gyuto though! At least to me it is. I think 40mm is about perfect.

    To me a line knife works as a good but not perfect suji, gyuto and petty all at once. The knife that isn't the best at anything but is substantially better than any more focused knife at the things that knife wasn't focused at.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    St. John's, NL
    Posts
    428
    I think what rob said, most people would agree with completely. I was just being selfish lol

  10. #60

    Haburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Sutherland View Post
    44mm heel on a 210 is getting close to just being a gyuto though! At least to me it is. I think 40mm is about perfect.

    To me a line knife works as a good but not perfect suji, gyuto and petty all at once. The knife that isn't the best at anything but is substantially better than any more focused knife at the things that knife wasn't focused at.
    Sounds good!


    Quote Originally Posted by Furminati View Post
    Cough integral westerns monosteel/stainless or San Mai cough lol
    Oh ya.

    Ian Haburn Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Sign up for our new knife email HERE.
    Follow me on Instagram

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •