Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Treats

Holiday Treats

I scheduled some extra time for store knives and other projects this holiday season. I will be offering a range of knives from very minimalist gyutos at lower price points to one or two high end pieces.
    There will be the occasional WIP photo here and a heads up what's headed for the store.
    If there are any knife type requests please let me know through this thread. Thanks for reading and here's my friendly cat:

Ian Haburn Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Follow me on Instagram

Part cat part bat?

`hahahaha . bread knife

Well the obvious honyaki petty 170/180mm long. not iron wood handle but still a darker super sexy material exuding class. Maybe you use a nice piece of scrap damascus as a bolster, etched. Also maybe you email me before she goes up and it somehow pops up sold when it's posted.

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Part cat part bat?
    Yes. Also extra toes.

Quote Originally Posted by cheflivengood View Post
    `hahahaha . bread knife
    Oh. Yes. Eventually I would like to offer some crazy bread knives, but it's not going to happen for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Well the obvious honyaki petty 170/180mm long. not iron wood handle but still a darker super sexy material exuding class. Maybe you use a nice piece of scrap damascus as a bolster, etched. Also maybe you email me before she goes up and it somehow pops up sold when it's posted.

Hey man! I can't fault you for trying, but that's a little of the specific side.
    Ian Haburn Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Follow me on Instagram

Breaking knife then

Quote Originally Posted by Haburn View Post

Hey man! I can't fault you for trying, but that's a little of the specific side.
    Up to you lol, worse case september we all know I really want a honyaki petty. I suppose I'd settle for honyaki petty anything but iron wood

Another cool idea might be forge a few 210/240 gyutos ministerial and let people pick handles $400/$450 handless and than + whatever for handles $150- infinity maybe do 2 in 52100 and offer honyaki for +$100 or whatever you think is fair. Basically semi customs but you could bang them out with a 15 minute fb chat or a few e-mails. As the only customisation would be handle materials and honyaki vs not honyaki.

Steak knife set (of 4)!

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Another cool idea might be forge a few 210/240 gyutos ministerial and let people pick handles $400/$450 handless and than + whatever for handles $150- infinity maybe do 2 in 52100 and offer honyaki for +$100 or whatever you think is fair. Basically semi customs but you could bang them out with a 15 minute fb chat or a few e-mails. As the only customisation would be handle materials and honyaki vs not honyaki.
    I'll second the idea of posting blades for sale, and then giving buyers some limited choice of woods/materials that you have on hand, with a simple/basic handle design so that the knife would be somewhat personalized for the buyer. And hopefully wouldn't be too much extra work for you.