Recognize this Hiromoto knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levi

Reaction score
2.jpg

3.jpg

Do you recognize this knife? It's being sold as "Hiromoto Saku Hocho" in some knife shops in Germany and Czech Republic. Though I didn't find any info on it on english or japanese sites and the price - around 35 dollars - seems very suspicious to me. Is it real deal or just a fake?

Thanks for your insights!

Looking at the F&F on that handle, I wouldn't expect it to perform any better than any other $35 knife.

Hey now it's just burnt chestnut with a plastic ferrule. I paid $80 for a Yamawaku nakiri with such a handle- a knife I would have kept ignoring if not for the occasional mentions here on KKF which piqued my curiosity :3 and some Gihei lines have a handle like that

Now as to this specific knife, no clue who or where it's from and what the OP would be getting

The writing is missing the touroku 登録 (registered) and instead of Hiromoto Saku, it simply says Nihon bouchou (Japanese knife),
The square is the same with Hagane on the right and honwarikomi on the left, with "Japan" underneath.
I'd guess that it's a copy, as there's nothing on the knife or box suggesting Nagao Seisakusho made it.

140705_002_zpsgx5qhczt.jpg

Looks too short for its shape...not sure I could even find a use for it...

Back