Where to sell kitchen knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schoubye

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a home cook who's become mildly obsessed with kitchen knifes over the past 3-4 years. I'm no expert when it comes to kitchen knives by any means, but I've been lurking/educating myself on this site for years. I have also managed to purchase way too many (very nice) chef's knives over the past three years. Since I'm currently thinking about selling one of my knives. I decided to finally join the forum. But I then realized that I cannot post in the sales thread here until I've started a bunch of threads and participated in various discussions. Fair enough, but this is unlikely to happen for me since I mainly use this site for learning (and I don't know nearly enough to comment on other people's threads/questions). So, given this, I was hoping someone could suggest to me an alternative site where I might be able to sell a high end kitchen knife.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you hope to get PMs about it too, judging by the way you made sure you fully indicated what the knife is. You can't get/ send those either until after a certain amount of non-post-farming posts.

Basically this is a knife community,and the B/S/T is there as an 'extra' for community members vs this being a 'For Sale' board. If you are into knives and have come here a bit looking for info, start building a post count by providing your feedback/ experience about knives/ makers you have experience with. You will quickly have enough posts.

Just like in politics, knowing something about a subject is by no means a prerequisite to offering opinions and experiences on this forum. See some of my posts for confirmation. There are also diverse subjects well beyond knives that are discussed here. Feel free to jump in at any time.

What don't you like about your knife? I've only used one but remember it positively. (And here's a chance to double your post count.)

You may have missed it in the BST guidelines but time and post count requirements are waived for those that become supporting members.

Welcome.

And what WildBoar said +1

As far as posting, few are more ignorant than I am. And, gasp, I still need to get down to sharpening my own knives. But, I absolutely love knives and own some very nice ones. Sounds like you do as well. Just dip your toes into the forum, even if to compliment a nice knife that somebody has obtained or to give a thumbs up to one of your favorite knives to one in search of a knife. Like any forum, there exists here a spectrum of personality types, but you'd be amazed at how most will enthusiastically help out when called on. They absolutely love their knives and stones after all.

This is all at your option of course. You can probably sell on Ebay with no problems.

I think there's a slight fee to using eBay as your method of sales? I messaged Yoshihiro through their eBay account and was basically told that when I asked about the price difference on one of their knives on eBay vs their normal website

I'm in a similar position to the OP. I'm not necessarily averse to selling on ebay, and have sold a few grand in items there over the last couple years. That said, the fees your going to pay there, along with not likely getting as good a selling price for a very gently used item make for a huge difference. Enough that I just plan on waiting to be able to sell on B/S/T.

Looks like you hope to get PMs about it too, judging by the way you made sure you fully indicated what the knife is. You can't get/ send those either until after a certain amount of non-post-farming posts.

Basically this is a knife community,and the B/S/T is there as an 'extra' for community members vs this being a 'For Sale' board. If you are into knives and have come here a bit looking for info, start building a post count by providing your feedback/ experience about knives/ makers you have experience with. You will quickly have enough posts.

Hi Wildboar,

I understand. I'm into knives and I've enjoyed reading the posts in here a lot, but I just rarely feel that I have much to contribute. That said, I appreciate that this is what the forum is primarily for. I honestly just included the minimal information about the knife in question because I wanted to indicate that it's somewhat high end and so not something I think I would have much success trying to sell on eBay or the local buy/sell sites in my area (I'm based in the UK). But point taken. I guess I'll either build up posts or become a supporting member. Thanks for the info.

Just like in politics, knowing something about a subject is by no means a prerequisite to offering opinions and experiences on this forum. See some of my posts for confirmation. There are also diverse subjects well beyond knives that are discussed here. Feel free to jump in at any time.

What don't you like about your knife? I've only used one but remember it positively. (And here's a chance to double your post count.)

You may have missed it in the BST guidelines but time and post count requirements are waived for those that become supporting members.

Welcome.

And what WildBoar said +1

Thanks! I didn't know about that about supporting members. I can't seem to find more information on this? The only link I found seems to be not working. Do you know where I can find a bit more information about this?

Regarding your second question: I actually like the knife quite a lot, but I have two 240mm Gingas and I have just found that when cooking I turn to these all the time. It's a great and beautiful knife, but I think I just like lasers better (it's slightly heavier). And since I'm not using it (and since it was rather expensive), I figured I might as well see if someone would be interested.

Thanks! I didn't know about that about supporting members. I can't seem to find more information on this? The only link I found seems to be not working. Do you know where I can find a bit more information about this?

Regarding your second question: I actually like the knife quite a lot, but I have two 240mm Gingas and I have just found that when cooking I turn to these all the time. It's a great and beautiful knife, but I think I just like lasers better (it's slightly heavier). And since I'm not using it (and since it was rather expensive), I figured I might as well see if someone would be interested.
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/23211-Site-Supporting-Subscriptions

Back