Need ideas for a dessert for ~ 50 people

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James

Reaction score
I'm baking for a friend's after concert party and she needs a few desserts for about 50 people. I'm looking for desserts that can be stored overnight/assembled later, so souffles are out of the question. Pastry and other dessert recipes are most welcome.

I already have a berry mille feuille down on the list. I'm thinking about doing chocolate covered strawberries, but strawberries this time of the season are a bit iffy at best. These desserts need to be finger food or easily eaten+distributed.

Budget = ~ $50

little puff pastry with something creamy inside? why does it have to be strawberries? i'll eat a lot of things covered in chocolate...

LOL that's what the berry mille feuille is for ;). haha she wanted some legitimate desserts as this is her first concert of this semester; the supermarket by my school has some nice extra dark/dark callebaut chocolate in stock. what do you suggest dipping in chocolate?

I think crepes are a great idea; I could just put out some whipped cream, some fruit, nutella, and perhaps some spekuloos and allow people to assemble their food themselves. This may lead to unnecessary messiness though.

some sort of toasted bread, cake or a cookie would be my choice but maybe you can do an assortment for those that like fruit with their chocolate. just don't use something that's too soft (ripe banana) or discolors (apples) and maybe stick them with a toothpick.

I want to give my respect to James - because I have played many, many concerts over the years and nobody ever brought me dessert..!

Back