Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Echizen Uchihamono at Kajitsu in Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by easy13 View Post
    Stopped by today, was a bit more crowded than mentioned above, great setup, all the knives out to see and touch, some good variety. Got to meet Kamo, chat with him a bit (mostly through translator) and thank him for making one of my favorite newer knives. Also ran into Jon, talked to him for a few. All in all good time and nice setup, didn't pull the trigger on anything, though I kinda regret not picking up one of the pieces they made specific for event.
    I don't think those were available for sale on-site. I asked and they said they would post a link on their FB/instagram pages once the webstore is up...which will be within a couple weeks.

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    Quote Originally Posted by youkinorn View Post
    I don't think those were available for sale on-site. I asked and they said they would post a link on their FB/instagram pages once the webstore is up...which will be within a couple weeks.
    I was in the area again yesterday and dropped in to take a look. They actually were for sale now (maybe because it was the last day), but I was lukewarm about spending $250 on the petty. I mean, i liked them, but it was a rather simple KU finish Aogami (i think), San Mai ... spine wasn't eased at all, for example, and the handle was rather simple as well. Don't get me wrong, I LIKED it, but not at that price.

They had two knives on sale (discounted), looked like a 190ish Gyuto in Aogami, Iron clad (Damascus), im 99% sure they Shiro Kamo. Those were marked at $120, not a bad deal ...

Just to confirm, these were new knives being released for this event, because they had only one of each model, they wanted to keep them on display so they were not available for sale. They will be on their website soon though. The steel is Aogami Super Steel with stainless cladding
    A good knives wont make you better, only practice will, a good knife should make you practice.

OMG....why did I just see this now...

Quote Originally Posted by jklip13 View Post
    Just to confirm, these were new knives being released for this event, because they had only one of each model, they wanted to keep them on display so they were not available for sale. They will be on their website soon though. The steel is Aogami Super Steel with stainless cladding
    All the knives displayed is newly available knives? Or are you talking about the ones that did not have a price on them?

The ones that did not have prices, if I understand your question correctly
    A good knives wont make you better, only practice will, a good knife should make you practice.

Thanks to everyone who came and made the event possible! See you next year.